Shopping for an engagement Ring can be overwhelming owing to the emotions associated with it. The ring is supposed to be a symbol of love for the rest of your life and therefore has to be an exquisite piece. You can’t afford to get it wrong in any aspect. Most engagement rings are exclusively designed and hence cost a hefty sum of money. Being one of your biggest jewelry purchases, both in terms of emotions and money, it is essential to make a worthy purchase. Moving beyond the stereotypical saying that ‘diamonds are a girl’s best friend’, diamonds have now emerged to be popular in men’s fashion and styling trends. Therefore, irrespective of gender, diamonds should be the top choice when buying a ring for your fiancé.
Choosing an engagement ring in Brisbane can be a very personal experience as you’ll have to consider various factors such as your fiancé’s style preference, your budget, the exclusive ring design, etc. All of these choices differ from one individual to another; however, there are some factors that remain constant. For instance, the quality and shape of the diamonds that you pick should be standard and graded. There are various different types of diamonds available in the market each priced and valued differently. Therefore, you must know the quality parameters to make a sound purchasing decision.
Diamond Rings: The 4Cs
The connection between diamonds and engagement rings is quite obvious. The rarity and brilliance of this gemstone make it ideal to mark an auspicious life event. The sparkle and elegance of diamond rings in Brisbane adorns every bride or groom in the most desirable way possible. So, before you begin choosing the diamonds for your ring, it is important that you know the standard diamond grading system i.e. the 4Cs. Here’s a brief insight into what these Cs stand for and how they affect the quality of the diamonds.
- Cut: This is one of the most important factors when it comes to the sparkling characteristic of diamonds rather than its design or size. It is more likely to mistakes and bad practices that deteriorate the defining sparkle of the stone. Any deep or shallow cuts can decrease the brilliance of the gemstone. The shape of the diamonds such as round, oval, princess, etc. depends on the cut.
- Carat: Carat is the measuring unit for diamonds in which the size and weight of the diamond are measured. The carats of a diamond determines its price greatly. Hence, it is important to know the carat to see if the ring is priced properly or not.
- Clarity: A lot of misconceptions surround the clarity aspect of a diamond. Diamond stones often come with minor inclusions that are also termed nature’s footprints. These minute flaws determine the clarity of the diamonds and thereby affect their value in the marketplace.
- Color: The most valued and rarest forms of diamonds are colorless i.e. white. Generally, diamonds do come in a variety of color spectrums. These are graded on a scale from D to Z where D is the most expensive category of diamonds available. The color of the diamonds highly alters their price.
When you visit a credible jeweler in Brisbane, they are likely to be open to discussing the 4Cs of the diamond before the sale. This ensures transparency and a better understanding of the value and price of the diamond. Other than this, you can also request a cert stone whose quality and grading are globally recognized by an independent gemological laboratory. So, assess the diamonds well and look for the available options before purchasing the perfect engagement ring in Brisbane that you’ve been looking for!
Buying an Engagement Ring: Few Expert Tips
- Don’t get swayed by trends; it changes overnight.
- Discuss the 4Cs with the jeweler.
- Don’t get too stringent with the clarity aspect of the diamond; the flaws make it more elegant.
- Don’t get influenced by the price of the ring only. Focus on other important aspects such as the cut and color of the diamonds.
- To make a worthy purchase, try to compromise with the clarity of the diamonds and emphasize more on the cut of the stone.
- Look for Cert stones i.e. a diamond that is graded by independent gemological laboratories.
The post Buying an engagement ring in Brisbane – Consider the 4Cs appeared first on Firevista.