For many Americans, Homeownership is a priority. June is National Homeownership Month, and at Detailed Inspection Service, we’re proud our home inspections services are a key step toward homeownership for our clients.
In Illinois, 65.1% of all households are homeowners. That rate increases to 83% in Will County.
According to lender FreddieMac, “Homeownership plays a vital role in helping to build strong, stable communities. In addition to it bolstering your community’s treasury through taxes, research shows the many social benefits it provides, including increased volunteerism, improved health, and less crime.”
June is National Homeownership Month
June was named National Homeownership Month in 2002 by President George W. Bush with the goal of helping more families achieve the American dream.
Illinois has 5.3 million housing units, with more added every day. In Will County, where Detailed Inspection Service is located, 2019 saw an average of 1,600 new housing building permits issued.
Homeownership offers a number of benefits, including:
- An opportunity to build equity
- Stable monthly payments
- A chance to establish roots in a community
- Freedom to make changes
- Tax advantages
- A way to build credit
- A solid investment for the future
- Overtime owning a home is cheaper than renting
A Home Inspection Helps Assess A Property’s Condition
We’ve worked with hundreds of clients, from first-time homeowners to those who’ve bought and sold multiple houses. The excitement of buying a house remains the same.
At Detailed Inspection Service, we want to help potential buyers better understand the property they’re purchasing. Home inspections are an assessment of a home’s condition.
Licensed home inspector Rob Gisch, of Detailed Inspection Service, has the training and expertise needed to conduct a top-to-bottom property inspection.
A home is often the single largest purchase most people will ever make. A home inspection can help protect your investment by alerting you to potential problems or concerns.
Contact Detailed Inspection Services today for more information or to schedule a home inspection.
- Home Inspection a Key Step Toward HomeownershipFor many Americans, homeownership is a priority. June is National Homeownership Month, and at Detailed Inspection Service, we’re proud our home inspections services are a […]
- How Does COVID-19 Affect A Home Inspection?There’s no question, coronavirus has changed how we live our lives. An increasing number of meetings and interactions have become virtual, but what about events […]
- Inspection Report Not a Mandatory Repair ListYour home inspection may reveal a lot about a property – perhaps an aging roof, outdated electrical wiring or leaky plumbing. Does the seller have […]
- Survey Shows Buyers Want Move-In Ready HomesA recent survey revealed buyers want move-in-ready homes that don’t require a lot of work. A home inspection helps buyers understand what they’re getting. In […]
- Why Can’t I Do A Home Inspection Myself?Buying a home is an expensive endeavor. In an attempt to save money, you may find yourself asking “Why can’t I do a home inspection […]
- January is National Radon Action MonthJanuary is National Radon Action Month and Detailed Inspection Service can inspect Illinois homes to determine radon levels. Because radon is the leading cause of […]
The post Home Inspection a Key Step Toward Homeownership appeared first on Detailed Inspection Service.