In order to help professionals attain the 20 hours of CPD training towards their professional status, we are offering a range of Virtual Cpd Seminars on a range of property preservation topics.
Richard Walker, our National Technical and Development Manager, will be presenting the four Seminars.
These are completely free, and all you need to do is register your interest on the link below and we will send you a google hangout invite to join the seminar.
The free virtual Cpd Seminars will be every Tuesday at 10am starting on the 9th of June. The full list of seminars and dates can be found below:
The seminars will be around 1 hour 15 minutes, with time after the main presentation for a Q&A session.
Tuesday 9th June 10.00am: Damp Control
A refresher on the different factors behind dampness in walls, this CPD will cover the following:
- Use of moisture profiling to aid diagnosis
- Techniques for dealing with several types of damp ingress including lateral rainwater penetration, condensation and rising damp
- Methods available for damp proofing including systems for listed buildings
Tuesday 16th June 10.00am: Woodworm, Wet and Dry Rot, and Timber Repairs
This seminar will go over the main species of wood boring insects and wood rotting fungi including:
- Their individual characteristics
- Correct identification and the latest survey and treatment methods
- The use of ‘sniffer dogs’ to search out dry rot
- The use of resins to repair large section timbers
Tuesday 23rd June 10.00am: Basement waterproofing to BS8102
A Review of the 3 Types of Waterproofing (Type A, Type B and Type C). this seminar will include:
- Three grades of protection in below ground spaces
- Explore the recent changes made by Premier Insurance and the NHBC and their guarantee specifically to waterproofing in ‘new-build’ basements
- Changes to chapter 5.4 of their Technical Guidance Docs
Tuesday 30th June 10.00am: Wall Ties, Masonry Stabilisation and Structural Reinforcement
This seminar will cover the history of wall ties and BS1243. It will include:
- Extent of the wall tie corrosion problem in the UK
- Best surveying practice and BRE Digest 401 to visually grade wall tie condition
- Practical solutions to replace corroded ties, crack stitching, lintel creation and consolidating weak masonry with grout inflated anchors
If you have any further questions or require any assistance, please get in contact with us at [email protected]
The post Book your place on one of our FREE CPD seminars appeared first on Blog | All the Latest Preservation Insight | Peter Cox.