Small improvements and additions can make a big difference when designing a custom horse barn. Updating your horse barn creates a safer environment which in turn, makes things easier on you, and makes for happier horses! Here are some options to add to your barn:
Proper ventilation results in healthier horses and a more comfortable barn environment. Adding vents throughout your horse barn allows more natural light and fresh air to enter and allows odor, dust, and humidity to be released. Smart placement of drop vents can dramatically increase the cross breezes throughout your barn, enabling you to better control the inside temperatures. Additionally, drop vents are great for your horses’ well-being by allowing them to see outside. These vents are safe for even the most mischievous horses.
Cabinets & Feed Chests
Cabinets and feed chests allow for ample storage space and better organization within your horse barn. Safely store items such as saddles, muck tools, grooming equipment, and other items that could get in the way and create a hazard. Feed chests ensure that no unwanted critters get into your horses’ food supply, while also cutting down on dust within the barn.
Most of the additional options available for your custom horse barn focus on increasing the safety features within your barn.
- A grill with a hay rack and feed hole is the perfect divider for barns housing multiple horses. This allows the horses their own space at feeding time and ensures each animal get access to food.
- Choose seamless hardware so no horses (or humans) get caught on snags and injure themselves.
- Chew guards add an additional safety feature for mischievous horses.
- Adequate lighting, placed throughout the barn, is necessary to avoid accidents. Vapor-proof lighting includes housing elements that protect from rain, dust, and moisture. It’s the perfect option for damp, wet, and dirty environments.
- Seamless spouting means fewer leaks. This upgrade will cut down on run-off and mud surrounding your barn; this results in a cleaner barn environment and fewer opportunities for slips and falls.
Are you looking to add a custom horse barn to your property? Check out all the custom horse barn and stables we have to offer – from simple run-in or lean-to designs to larger elaborate designs.
The post Designing Your Custom Horse Barn appeared first on Penn Dutch Structures.