Swimming pools are a great way to exercise and relax in the summer. The best part? They don't always need to be built into the ground. If you're looking for an above-ground swimming Pool, our list below evaluates the options available to help you choose which best suits you and your family. Here are the six best above-ground swimming pools in Australia.
1. Best Value: Bestway Steel Pro Max
The Bestway Steel Pro Max is a round steel-poles framed pool, it is a high-quality above-ground pool that is reasonably priced. It comes in four different sizes, pictured above is the 168L x 168W x 33H centimetres size that is best for most people and is excellent value.
While affordable, it includes essential features required of standard above-ground pools. It comes with a steel frame, a plastic liner, and sufficient water capacity to accommodate you and your family.
Bestway's above-ground swimming pool has a round shape and for an above-ground pool is pretty stylish, making it more appealing. The material used to construct the family pool is also incredibly sturdy and long-lasting. On purchase, it includes a filter pump, ladder, and pool cover.
If you're shopping on a budget, the Best Way Round Hard-Side Frame Above Ground Pool is your best option. It is nicely manufactured with a steel frame that resists corrosion and a reinforced three-ply liner that shields the interior from tears.
- The polyester mesh core and two layers of high gauge PVC provide the family pool with outstanding strength and stability.
- The custom-moulded T-connectors offer a reliable connection and shield the metal-on-metal connection from corrosion, extending the life of the pool and allowing for many more uses in the future.
- The built-in flow control drain valve attaches to a garden hose for simple water removal and storage during the off-season.
- Easy to assemble; installation only takes 20 minutes.
- Dimensions: 4.27 x 1.22 m
- Water capacity: 15,232 L
- Materials: Steel frame, plastic liner
- Shape: Round
The cost varies according to size, you should expect to pay from $450 upwards.
2. Best Overall: Intex Ultra XTR Frame Pool Set
The Intex Ultra XTR Frame Pool Set is a favourite when looking for the best above-ground pool in Australia. The pool is the perfect choice for those who want to have fun alone or with friends and family. It has a water capacity of 31,805 litres and measures 7.32 by 3.66m. Intex's Ultra XTR above-ground pools come in nine different sizes and two shapes; rectangle and round. Thus, you can choose which best fits the space in your compound.
The above-ground pool is constructed of a powder-coated steel frame which boosts the steel's durability and resistance to damage and corrosion, and a triple-ply PVC liner. In addition, the pool includes a sand filter pump, a safety ladder, ground cloth, and a pool cover on purchase.
The Intex Ultra XTR pool takes the top spot. It meets all the basic requirements of an above-ground pool. The sturdy steel frame, heavy-duty liner, and self-sanitation system give this pool an in-ground pool feel. It also comes with a two-year warranty.
- Easy pool maintenance with the integrated sand filter pump that uses hydro aeration technology for strong water filtration.
- Strong galvanized steel and cutting-edge inner and exterior powder coating work together to provide the pool with effective corrosion and damage protection.
- The pool includes a robust, three-layer liner that is both tears and puncture-resistant, making it incredibly strong and long-lasting.
- A 2-year warranty is included for the filtration pump, frame, and pool liner.
- Not suitable for children below age six.
- It takes longer to prepare and install.
- Dimensions: 7.32 x 3.66 m
- Pool height: 1.32 m
- Water Capacity: 31,805 L
- Shape: Rectangular
The product price varies depending on your point of purchase; use the link below to compare prices from various vendors.
3. Best Hard-Sided Option: Aquarian Phoenix Series Steel Frame Swimming Pool
If you place a higher value on the money you spend, then the Aquarian Phoenix Series Steel Frame Above Ground Swimming Pool is the best choice. The pool is made of metal and is useable all year without worrying about damage. It is one of the options you can keep mounted in your compound and have maximum confidence in, as it rarely wears out. The pool is also visually appealing, and the marble-like colour makes it one-of-a-kind. Since all the pool's components are made of steel, it isn't the easiest to install and would require a professional.
While the Aquarian Phoenix Series above-ground pool is the best if you intend to spend less on routine maintenance, most of its parts are also sold separately, unlike Intex Ultra XTR Frame Pool. The pool is strong and will serve you a long time once you move past its tedious installation process.
- The steel build ensures long-term endurance.
- It is available for purchase in various sizes.
- Product parts are sold separately.
- The installation process is challenging.
- Dimensions: 457.2 x 457.2 cm
- Height: 132.1 cm
- Water capacity: 24,140 L
- Materials: Galvanized steel outer walls, hybrid frame, and liner
- Shape: Round
Purchasing this product can be costly due to the product's durability and the quality of the materials used. The price range starts at $1,597 and goes up from there.
4. Best Portable Pool: Intex 10ft Pool Kit
The Intex 10ft Pool Kit and Filter Pump with Pool Cover is an excellent above-ground pool that is considerably smaller than the earlier described pools. It is easier to store and is made of high-quality materials. It is also reasonably priced for its size and includes everything needed to set it up, which takes at least 15 minutes.
Compared to the Intex Ultra XTR Frame Pool, which has a self-sanitizing mechanism and is double the size of the Intex 10ft pool kit, it's no surprise that it is an Australian favourite. On purchase, the Intex portable pool includes the Intex 28002E maintenance tool with a vacuum skimmer and pole, making maintaining the above-ground pool hassle-free.
The pool's modest size makes it safe for youngsters; it is extremely shallow and difficult to immerse completely. It is also artistically stunning with its blue tile elements and crystal-clear water hue, which makes you want to stay longer. It also features a 6-month warranty.
- Long-lasting mesh net attached prevents the pool water from dirt, making it easy to manage and clean.
- It is simple to use and quick to setup
- Not suitable for large family use.
- Swimming is not advised because of its shallowness.
- Not very durable.
- Dimensions: 3.05 m x 76 cm
- Water capacity: 3,853 L
- Materials: Resin frame, plastic, and PVC liner
- Shape: Round
Despite its outstanding qualities, this pool is inexpensive. You can acquire it for $129.00 or more.
5. Best Inflatable Pool: Summer Waves Inflatable Swimming Pool
Getting a cheap and sturdy above-ground swimming pool appears impossible, but the Summer Waves Inflatable pool proves otherwise. It is the only above-ground pool on our list that only requires pumping to set it up—inflate the top ring, and the pool rises as it fills with water. This simplicity in installation and use makes it ideal for families.
The pool also includes a pool liner, an RX300 filter pump, and a filter cartridge with an integrated chlorinator that routinely cleans the water pool, making it clean and safe. The exterior of the Summer Waves above-ground pool is unique and very pleasing. Additionally, there is a handy, fast-release drain plug with a garden hose connection that you can use to drain the water away from the location of your pool.
Unlike its competitors, this pool gets ready in 10 minutes, making it the fastest to set up on our list. However, its durability cannot compete with some of the other above-ground swimming pools.
- Easy to install.
- Includes a pool filter pump.
- Its fashionable exterior print gives your outdoor space more flair.
- The design is made of a 3-layer, puncture-resistant mesh for long-lasting durability.
- Water moves easily from side to side.
- There isn't much swimming space as the pool is shallow.
- It has a small capacity and can only hold a few people at once.
- Dimensions: 304.8 x 304.8 cm
- Height: 76.2 cm
- Water capacity: 7,810.18 L
- Materials: Resin frame, plastic, and PVC liner.
The cost of the product varies according to where you buy it and in what sizes; use the link below to compare prices from various vendors.
6. Best for Pets & Kids: Lunaoo Foldable Dog and Kiddie Pool
The Lunaoo Foldable Dog and Kiddie Pool will help keep your dog comfortable over the summer. It is sturdy and spacious enough to keep a child and a pet amused at once. Due to its short depth and well-built body, parents or pet owners need not be concerned that their dog may drown. With its built-in spiral drain and brand-new water pipe connector, the pet pool is easy to fill and empty.
The Lunaoo above-ground pool can be used as a kiddie pool, dog pool, outdoor water pond, bathing tub, etc. This swimming pool is made of premium, industrial-strength PVC to withstand all your dog or pet's doggy paddles.
Choosing a pool for your dog might occasionally be challenging, but the Lunaoo Foldable Dog and Kiddie Pool's reasonable price and qualities make it an ideal option among many. This item is visually pleasing, and the built-in drains make filling and emptying the garden hose quite convenient. And thanks to its foldable design, you can set it up anywhere you like—even a dog park.
- East to set up and store.
- Durable for pet use.
- Thick, non-slip bottom material to avoid slipping.
- Doesn't come with a pump.
- It doesn't come with a ladder.
- Subject to damage from bigger dogs or to dogs that bite.
- Dimensions: 23.09 x 20.4 cm (S)
- Height: 18.39 cm
- Materials: PVC reinforced with fibreboard
The product's price varies depending on where and in what sizes you purchase it; use the link below to compare prices from various vendors.
Buying Guide: Choosing the Best Above-Ground Swimming Pool
Assuming you've gone through our list of the best above-ground pool in Australia but still have to decide between two or more shortlist, the step-by-step process below should help you decide your best option.
Step 1: Consider the size
You must first consider the amount of room in your backyard or compound for the pool size you're looking for. Ensure you understand the measurements well and take notice of the units to avoid purchasing a pool that looms larger than your backyard. Once you have this, you can effectively tell which pool size best suits you. And luckily, most options on our list come in various sizes.
Step 2: Survey the area
You must ensure to install it in an area free of overhead power lines for obvious safety reasons. Consider the distance to a plug socket and use a suitable outdoor extension lead, as your filter will require it. Additionally, consider installing your pool away from trees to minimize maintenance from falling leaves.
Step 3: Choose your build material
Assuming you have a dedicated place for your above-ground pool, it's time to decide on your pool's building material. Some of the most common options include steel, aluminium, resin, optimum, and hybrid materials. Your build material has advantages and disadvantages depending on how you intend to use your pool. We go into details of the build materials below. Deciding on your build material helps you further shortlist your above-ground pool options.
Step 4: Consider the price
Finally, consider how much you will spend on your swimming pool. We recommend that in selecting a product based on price, you evaluate the features that come with it and the warranty attached. Good products have excellent warranty offerings that cover you despite their build quality.
Common Materials for Above-Ground Swimming Pools
Above-ground swimming pools come in many build materials. But typical among them are aluminium, steel, and resin. We explore these build materials below.
Aluminium is a popular build material due to its lightweight feature and strength, especially in cold temperatures. However, they are prone to wear and corrosion due to oxidization, making them less ideal. If your above-ground swimming pool is made of aluminium, you must take proper care of the material to improve its long-term durability.
Aluminium's disadvantages make steel the ideal option for above-ground pool walls. It is strong, heavy, and solid enough to hold larger water capacities. Surprisingly, the material is also affordable, reducing the overall cost of your above-ground swimming pool. And while it is subject to tear and deterioration, most pools add protective coatings that make them strong, durable, and corrosion-resistant.
Another good option for above-ground swimming pools is resin. Resin pools are usually made of steel, but the top rails, uprights, and tracking systems are made of resin or other plastic materials. This prevents the metallic parts of your above-ground pool from touching the ground. Thus, minimizing rusting and oxidation. Resin also does well in warmer conditions. With good coatings, they provide extra protection from UV rays, reducing flaking, cracking, and fading.
Now, Ready to Dive?
We detailed this guide to help you easily decide which above-ground swimming pool in Australia is the best for you. To recap, the best value option is the Bestway Steel Pro Max. But before purchasing, consider what matters most, like space, ease of use, budget, and features. The finest advice we can add is to pick a durable, durable pool that is easy to maintain. All the pools on this list have unique traits; hopefully, you found one that fits your needs!
This post first appeared on ExpertEasy, please read the originial post: here