I like to call the period of time between Halloween and Christmas the Season of Perpetual Junk Food. It seems like once the end of October rolls around, it becomes a futile and endless battle to avoid a sweet tooth overload. It may be easier to avoid extra candy in your own life, but this stretch of time can be particularly challenging for kids to resist what with trick-or-treating and parties at school. But fear not, because healthy Halloween treats do exist! These Halloween crafts will make your holiday easier than ever. Create a Halloween to remember with these fun candy alternatives that come in all shapes and sizes. Getting creative for Halloween just got a whole lot more fun with this helpful list. From non-candy treats to wicked cool crafts, there’s something here for everyone. Below will give you some excellent Halloween craft ideas that will scare away cavities without spooking the little ones in your life.
Candy-Less Halloween Candy Alternatives
These cute Halloween treat bag ideas don’t revolve around cavity-inducing candy and treats.
- Spooky Straw Printable Labels – pictured!
- Ghosty DIY Goodie Bags
- Perky Pumpkin DIY Mugs
- Batty DIY Goodie Bags
- Mummy fied Waterbottles -these can easily be filled with fun and healthy treats, or make a gift by itself.
Easy Halloween Crafts for Kids
These spooky crafts can be made with adult supervision for a wonderful alternative to sweets.
- Spooky Bottle Cap Monsters -pictured!
- DIY Easy Halloween Magnets
- Batty Bat Halloween Crafts
Halloween Treats for Kids
Treats don’t have to be super sugary to be delicious.
- Chocolate Covered Strawberry Ghosts
- Haunted Forest Candy Apple Sticks – a super creative craft to pair with candy apples!
- Cornflake Pumpkins
- Carved Scary Apples
- Bonus: Halloween Polymer Clay Chocolates – just don’t eat these!
If these DIY Halloween ideas got your brain whirring, you’re also sure to enjoy 13 Halloween Crafts for Kids.