Raise your hand if you need easy dinner ideas! I kept thinking that once summer was over, we’d fall into a routine and dinner would be easier. While we have fallen into a routine, our nights have just gotten busier. These Southwestern Wraps are great to throw together and take as we run out the door to practices and ball games.
The chicken is marinated in Lime Juice and cilantro before grilling. So it is delicious on it’s own. But then you add the Chipotle Mayo and it makes for a restaurant quality wrap right at home. Or you know, at the ball field.
- 12 large flour tortilla shells (flavored or regular)
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (marinated in lime/cilantro)
- ½ cup lime juice
- 4 tablespoons cilantro
- 3 roasted green peppers
- 2 chipotle peppers (puree)
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 1 head of lettuce (chopped)
- ½ cup cream cheese
- 1 cup grated pepper jack or colby cheese
- Marinate chicken in cilantro and lime juice. Season with salt and pepper and grill until done. Cool. Chop chicken into small pieces and put to the side. Combine chipotle peppers and mayonnaise. Set to the side.
- On a flat work surface lay out a tortilla shell on the bottom half spread your chipotle mayonnaise and on top spread a small amount of cream cheese, this will be like a glue and will keep your shell from unwrapping. On the mayonnaise half layer your chicken, roasted peppers, cheese and lettuce. Roll and then slice diagonally.
The post Southwestern Wraps appeared first on The Crafting Chicks.