Here in the Staple’s household we love our pets so I’ve been having fun creating Bella and Friends h
andmade cards. That is also why I’m so excited about this weeks Can You Case It? pet challenge! So, come on over and check out this weeks challenge as well as the Design Team submissions. The challenge starts today and ends on Friday, August 26, 2016 @ Noon PST.
Can You Case It
Pet Challenge #134
I’m really enjoying the Bella and Friends Stamp Set. We have two Golden Retrievers which is the inspiration for the coloring of the pup on this card. As pet owners, I enjoy having a stamp set that helps me share my love of pets especially my Golden Retrievers. One of our Golden Retrievers, Savvy, is a rescue from a puppy mill much like Sunny is also a rescue.
This Bella and Friends Handmade Card features a classic layout. I used the Designer Series Paper Stack for the bottom third of the card front then wrapped Whisper White Baker’s Twine around several times. To change it up a bit, I attached the Layered Square with Bella at an angle. The sentiment is simple featuring the “love” from the Sunshine Wishes Thinlits! Behind it all, some background stamping sets the stage. Yes, I love pets!
Tips, Tricks & Techniques from SunnyGirlScraps:
- Use the Fine-Tip Glue Pen to create a glossy coat on a die cut. For example, I cut out the “love” from the Sunshine Wishes Thinlits then used the Fine-Tip Glue Pen to create a glossy coat.
- Angles on a card can be your friend! Don’t be afraid to angle an element. I angled the Layered Square with Bella stamped on it with a piece of paper doily tucked behind for touch of sweetness.
- Layering Square Framelits! The Layering Square Framelits make it extremely easy to layer squares or squares with a scallop background. I opted to have just a small bit of Dapper Denim scallop square peek out from behind the layered square.
Play along with Can You Case It?
Here is this weeks Can You Case It? challenge featuring a Pet Challenge. If you are having a mental creative block, challenges are a great way to kickstart your creative juices. Why not visit Can You Case It?, create a card inspired by this weeks Color Sketch and post to the blog!
To purchase the products used on this beautiful project, visit my 24/7 Stampin’ Up! store by clicking HERE! For your convenience, I’ve also included a supply list at the end of this blog post – just click on any of the items to be taken directly to my 24/7 Stampin’ Up! store to purchase the products used.
I also invite you to pin my creations to Pinterest and to share your thoughts or questions by leaving me a comment. I love hearing from all my readers – word of mouth is one of the greatest forms of flattery. Don’t forget to follow me on Pinterest!
Sunny Stampin’ & Scrappin’!
Place an ORDER TODAY by clicking on the items shown in my Product Supply List!
- Pam, I love the little puppy and the striped paper. Great job! by kimlamos
- Hi Pam, Your card is really cute! Love the stripes and ... by char Leasor
- Bella is totally adorable! 🙂 Love your card, those strips ... by Eva
- Plus 2 more...