Today is a gorgeous day with a bit of Peekaboo Peach Sunburst and, yes, It’s Wednesday and you know what that means… I’m over at the Paper Craft Crew for the Weekly Card Sketch Challenge! Come on over and check out this weeks sketch as well as the Design Team submissions. The challenge starts today and ends Tuesday, May 31, 2016 @ 11:55 PM EST.
Paper Craft Crew
Card Sketch #196 – Peekaboo Peach Sunburst
I love finding creative ways to use the different products offered by Stampin’ Up! The Sunburst Die is proving to be very versatile and fun to use. Why not give it a try! Another great bundle is the Swirly Bird Stamp Set with coordinating Thinlet as it offers so many options for creativity. Don’t be afraid to play and experiment with your new products!
Peekaboo Peach Sunburst Card Recipe
Here are the basics for recreating the Peekaboo Peach Sunburst Card:
- Stamp the background card layer with the Gorgeous Grunge stamp set using the So Saffron and Watermelon Wonder Classic Inks. Randomly stamp away!
- Layer a 2 3/4″ x 2 3/4″ Pop of Pink Specialty Designer Series Paper centered over the stamped gorgeous grunge background card layer. The Black design really creates POP against the pastel colors used on the remainder of the card.
- Create the “flower” using the Sunburst Thinlet. To create the flower, I used the Circles Collection Framelits to cut out three different sized circles. Center each circle under the “circle” on the Sunburst Thinlit die and cut out the sunburst flowers. I used Peekaboo Peach for my sunburst flower.
- Punch or cut out a circle to fit in the center of the Peekaboo Peach Sunburst Flower. I used So Saffron card stock.
- Using the Thoughtful Banners Stamp Set, I stamped the outlined banner with So Saffron then added the Happy Birthday sentiment using the Watermelon Wonder classic ink. The banner is punched out with the corresponding and bundled Duet Banner Punch.
- For the added little flower, I used the small flower from the Botanical Builder Framelits. I again used Watermelon Wonder card stock for the small flower and finished it off with a White Perfect Accent.
Here is this weeks Card Sketch with the Paper Craft Crew. If you are having a mental creative block, card sketches are a great way to kickstart your creative juices. Why not stop over at the Paper Craft Crew, create a card inspired by this weeks Card Sketch and post to the blog!
To purchase the products used on this beautiful project, visit my 24/7 Stampin’ Up! store by clicking HERE! For your convenience, I’ve also included a supply list at the end of this blog post – just click on any of the items to be taken directly to my 24/7 Stampin’ Up! store to purchase the products used.
I invite you to pin my creations to Pinterest and to share your thoughts or questions by leaving me a comment. I love hearing from my readers – word of mouth is one of the greatest forms of flattery. Remember, if you don’t already… GO follow me on Pinterest!
I’m actively building my Stampin’ Up! team and invite you to join the Stunny Craftin’ Crew! We are a group that loves having fun, creating and doing what we love with Paper Crafting – we are spread out across the United States and around the globe (Military Downline). Some of us are Business Demo’s and some are Hobby Demo’s… I love having both on my team. Now is an especially GREAT time to join. Feel free to email me if you have questions or click HERE to join my team today!
Sunny Stampin’ & Scrappin’!
Place an ORDER TODAY by clicking on the items shown in my Product Supply List!