As we all leave 2017 behind and move ahead into 2018 , let's hope for kindness and compassion for each other . So on that note I decided to start with a dessert bringing in the much needed sweetness for this year :)
This is a very easy recipe the only tricky part is melting the Chocolate
, using a double boiler is a reliable method just make sure that the chocolate is constantly stirred usually takes a few minutes ,
What u need :
Dark cooking chocolate - 12 oz
Peppermint sticks - crushed
- Line a 9x12 pan with parchment paper.Melt the dark chocolate (use the method you prefer, either double boiler, or microwave - cook 30 seconds in a heat-proof bowl, stir and repeat until you have a smooth consistency.
- Pour the melted dark chocolate on the parchment paper, spread the chocolate out until it is about 1/3" thick. You can do this by hitting the pan on the counter top repeatedly, or maybe you could use a spatula to spread the chocolate.
- Melt the white chocolate, using the steps above. After the chocolate is smooth, pour it on top of the dark chocolate - trying to make the layers the same thickness.
- Unwrap the peppermints of your choice and put them into a zip lock bag, crush the mints then, while the white chocolate is still melted sprinkle on top.
- Let the chocolates harden in the refrigerator for 2 hours, then break the candy into pieces. Njoy !