2018 is almost over and as the year ends we start seeing offers on cars, heavy discounts and freebies. All this is done to get most of the stock cleared and make space for the fresh arrivals in the next year. If you are planning to buy a Car then year-end deals are a great opportunity to save some extra money. To decide on which car to buy, there are some factors that should be considered and I will discuss some important ones here:
- Fuel type: Hybrid and electric cars are getting better day by day but if you are a fan of petrol engines then your choice will hover around petrol cars only. There are not many choices in electric cars but in future we might see many. If you travel a lot in car and your daily running will be high then consider a diesel car for saving money on fuel.
- Design: 2017 and 2018 has seen a major change in car design. If you are looking to buy a car then always look for latest design elements in your selected car. If you miss out on latest design then your car will age quickly and look dated very soon on the road even if it’s mechanically new. Some of the design elements of latest cars are aggressive front, smaller window glass area, sharp lines, higher stance and use of LED DRL’s with projector headlamps. Look at pictures of Acura in this 2018 acura tlx review and you will find that this car is one good example of recent design trends seen in car industry. If the car in your wish list doesn’t have these design features then it will be a wise decision to drop it and look for something else.
- Safety features: A car which has more safety features can really make a difference in case you have an accident. Features like air bags, high tensile strength steel frame, good NCAP crash test rating can be a life saver. There should be no compromise on this and one must look for these safety features when buying any car.
- Driving feel: When a car wins your heart on the first drive, you buy it even if you know it’s not the best overall package. Some cars have really good steering and driving manners and such cars are hard to resist. Before buying any car just don’t go by the numbers on paper and reviews you read online, go and actually drive the car and experience it. Because if h car doesn’t bring smile on your face when you drive it, it’s not a good choice. However if you are buying a car for commercial use like for using in taxi or something then driving feel must not be given top priority and other things like reliability, service network and availability of spares count more.
- Practicality: You have family of 7 and you buy a two-seater hatch back! Be ready for the inconvenience you will be facing every time you want to take your family out for some fine dining at your favourite restaurant. Not every home must have a people mover but if you have space for two cars then there are several cars that can accommodate 7 people with ease and it will be a good choice for those who don’t like to travel alone. Mini SUV’s and MUV’s are becoming a favourite of everyone because these can be used as an everyday car and also for carrying bigger loads.