Hello Everyone and welcome to Episode 49 of the Crafternoon Treats Crochet and Yarn podcast. Here is the link to Episode 49: Want it, NEED it!!
The first 7 and-a-half minutes: intro and my office reorganisation
Probably as a reaction against the chaos of the kitchen renovation, I’ve tried to organise my office and make myself more efficient. I spent a lot of time last Sunday sorting through things and tidying…
7 and-a-half minutes to 15 and-a-half minutes: Update on the Stylecraft meetup
Last weekend I went over to Huddersfield for the biannual Stylecraft bloggers meet up. It was great to be in the company of many illustrious bloggers!
I can’t talk about this one much yet, not until 5th March.
We also had our group photo done at the mill…
Find out more about the other Stylecraft bloggers here.
15.5 minutes to 23 minutes: Environmental musings
I’ve been thinking about my own impact on the environment recently, but its not that straightforward to know whether you are doing the right thing or not… and that applies to using yarns as much as it does to planning a new kitchen!
23 minutes to 28.37 minutes: Dorset buttons
In the afternoon of our Stylecraft get-together, Juliet Barnard treated us to a short workshop on how to make Dorset buttons. Mine was a bit wonky but they are really easy to do and I definitely want to make more. Particularly to save Dorset button making from becoming an extinct craft!
- Nice tutorial on this blog http://jemimaschlee.co.uk/dorset-buttons-tutorial/
- Another blog tutorial and bit of history http://www.craftstylish.com/item/42688/how-to-make-dorset-buttons/page/all
- More about history Dorset buttons here https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dorset_buttonjj
28.38 to 41.24 minutes: MIPS
I’ve called them MIPS as I was inspired by the first podcast of the year by Joanna of the Stitching the High Notes podcast.
Not many, I have to be honest. But here are the new patterns that came out this week that I LOVE!!!
- Addydae designs and the Blurred Lines sweater: https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/blurred-lines-3
- AnnieDCrochet and the Inishfree shawl: https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/inishfree-shawl
- The Amaya Mosaic shawl by Lilla Bjorn Crochet: http://www.lillabjorncrochet.com/2018/01/new-pattern-amaya-mosaic-shawl.html
I just couldn’t resist starting this last one, I thought it was gorgeous. I’ve only just started and you can see my progress in th video title
41.24 minutes to 50.53 minutes: Two charity projects
The first has been set up by my friend Helen Kurtz, who is one of the other Stylecraft blogstars.
Her JustGiving page is now live and her blog shows all the lovely prizes. Please do think about donating £2 to enter. Its very good odds as there are so many prizes (much better than a lottery!) and your donation will benefit research into heart problems as its going to go to the British Heart Foundation.
Here is that link to ENTER THE RAFFLE!!!!
The second charity project is a local one to me. The craft group at Ackworth is raising money for the Yorkshire air ambulance and they are holding events around the visit to Yorkshire by the Tour de France cycle race in May. They want as many bunting triangles made in turquoise or yellow that they can get. If you want to do some, please post them to:
Kyla, c/o The Parish Council, Community Centre, Bell Lane, Ackworth, Pontefract, WF7 7JH
The deadline for triangles is April 20th. Any size or weight yarn. They are suggesting these patterns but any will do. The Ackworth part of the event is on 4th May but it takes place all weekend.
Links to patterns are below
50.53 minutes to 1 minute 05: Crafternoon Treats CALs/KALs 2018
- Stick your neck out: neckwear but with a personal challenge. Starts anytime in Feb 18 and finishes Tuesday 3 April 2018
- Bagalong: Starts 3rd April and runs to the end of June
- Jumper-along: Starts 3rd April and runs to the end of August
- Summer crochet flower CAL: Runs July and August
- Finishalong: Runs July and August
- Sockalong (starts Sept but date to be announced). A joint CAL with other podcasts! All about crochet socks.
1 minute 05 to end
The post Want it, NEED it: Episode 49 notes appeared first on Crafternoon Treats.
This post first appeared on Crafternoon Treats | Crochet Patterns | Crochet Designs, please read the originial post: here