Today I am sharing with you a review of Little Birdie's newly launched Mixed Media Paste ......a unique 2-in-1 Gesso and Modelling paste which is a must have product for all Mixed media artists.
This heavy body paste can be used straight from the jar as texture paste/modelling paste and as Gesso to prepare your surface after diluting with water. The Mixed media paste is available presently in two variants- White and Slate.
You can use this paste to prepare the ground for layers of colors, sprays and textures in your mixed media work on paper,canvas or fabric. The paste can be spread easily with a palette knife or with a used credit card.......you can create visible textures with just working the paste with a palette knife
or through a stencil.........using the white texture paste on a gelli printed background Mandala Stencil from Itsy Bitsy
see the crisp and smooth raised impression through another stencil.....
My Personal experience using the Mixed Media paste :
- I want to congratulate Itsy Bitsy and the Little Birdie brand for introducing this one of a kind of product which is essential for any Mixed media artist. You can use this not only to prime your card stock, art Journal, Canvas, Wood,MDF, Chipboard and Metal but can create interesting textures and relief.
- Easily spreadable using a Palette knife or brush.
- Can be diluted to desired consistency
- Thick and creamy texture, easy to work with.
- This has a lovely Matte finish unlike some other brands which have a glossy, almost plasti-cky finish.
- Sandable like Plaster Paste.....so it is possible to create interesting effects after you color and sand the top layer for a lovely distressed effect
- Tintable with acrylics , inks and sprays
- Non-Toxic and Acid free Formula
- Easy clean up with water
- Conforms to International standards of EN71 part 3 certification and delivers the highest level of safety for the customer.
- Last but not the least......the PRICE......Rs 250/- only for a 400 gms Jar of Mixed Media paste !!! what more do you need friends ....so play, experiment and indulge your artistic soul !!
Please do leave your comments. I would love to read what you say and I would love to visit your blog too !!
This post first appeared on Just Like That............Aesthetics In Art And De, please read the originial post: here