Oh, Smitten Mittens… Brrr, Baby It’s Cold Outside! While I sit on the edge of my seat waiting to see if there will be SNOW arriving in North Carolina later today, I’m bringing you these cute mittens. So, here is the next SUO Challenge. The theme is Brrr! Baby It’s Cold Outside! Don’t forget to visit the SUO Challenge blog to check out the design team cards and to play along. The challenge starts today and ends at 6:00 AM EST on Friday, January 12th.
Brrr! Baby It’s Cold Outside
By the time you read this blog post, the Smitten Mitten Stamp Set will be retired! If you haven’t purchased this stamp set then you’ll be so sad. But, you can celebrate the arrival of Sale-A-Bration! While it might be chilly outside, you can enjoy stamping and creating! Starting today, January 3, 2018, you can place a $50.00 order (before shipping & tax) and receive a FREE Sale-A-Bration item in the “$50.00 Category” and with a $100.00 order there are a couple of 2nd tier Sale-A-Bration items you can select. I love that you can earn FREE product this time of year for every $50.00 in products purchased.
So, I’m sad to see the Smitten Mitten Stamp Set and coordinating dies retire. I had fun creating this card. The Winter Wonderland Textured Impressions Embossing Folder fits the theme perfectly as well. Doesn’t this card just say “Brrr?” I’ve embossed the mittens so it looks like they are cable knit mittens then added the cute cuffs. I stamped the “Smitten” with Marina Mist and then cut the edges at an angle. Next, I added some “ICE” with the addition of the rhinestones.
SunnyGirl Stampin’ Tips & More:
Smitten Mittens Card Details:
- Thick Whisper White Card Stock for the win! I can’t say it enough but YOU need the Thick Whisper White.
- Base layer is Marina Mist with a Whisper White top layer dry embossed using the Winter Wonder Textured Impressions Embossing Folder.
- The Smitten Mittens are die cut from Marina Mist Cardstock. I die cut the Smitten Mittens using the Many Mittens Framelits.
- I stamped the cuffs on whisper white with Marina Mist then also die cut them.
- On Whisper White, I stamped the Smitten then cut the strip with the ends cut at angles.
- Behind the Smitten sentiment, I added Silver Metallic Thread with the Silver Mini Sequins.
- I added Rhinestones to the card front for the finishing touch. The Rhinestones brings to my mind icicles.
CREATE YOUR OWN KIT!
- The Stampin’ Up! $99.00 Starter Kit is the ULTIMATE Stampin’ Up! Bundle! YOU choose up to $125 in products for the LOW price of $99 (that’s $26 in FREE products) and the KIT ships FREE for an additional 10% savings. You may also include NEW Occasions Catalog product as well as Annual Catalog products in YOUR kit. BUT… The deal gets even better!
BONUS! STARTING JAN. 3, CHOOSE TWO FREE STAMP SETS!
- Add 2 FREE stamp sets (any price) of YOUR choice to the $99 Starter Kit during Sale-A-Bration. That’s up to an additional $101 value! (Host Rewards & Sale-A-Bration stamp sets are excluded). SIGN UP on-line to purchase your kit thru me during Sale-A-Bration (Jan. 3 – March 31).
- Enjoy a discount of 20 to 25% OFF Stampin’ Up! products on subsequent orders from the day you purchase the kit and join Stampin’ Up! through at least July 31, 2018. You’ll also get to take advantage of you demonstrator discount on the NEW Occasions Catalog products as well as earn Sale-A-Bration Rewards! There’s NO penalty to drop.
Sunny Stampin’ & Scrappin’!
The post SUOC192 Smitten Mittens… It’s Cold Outside! appeared first on SunnyGirlScraps | Sharing the JOY of Paper Crafting.