Preparation Time: 30 min
Cooking Time: 30 min
Rice - 1 cup
Potato - 1 small
Cauliflower - about 9-10 florets
Beans - 8-10
Carrots - 1 long or 5-6 baby carrots
Onions - 1
Garam Masala - 1 tsp
Shaan Biryani Masala - 3 tsp
Turmeric - 1/2 tsp
Bay Leaves - 2-3
Salt to taste
Yoghurt - 3 tblsp
Ginger-Garlic paste - 1 tsp
Mint Leaves - 1 bunch chopped
Coriander Leaves - 1/2 bunch chopped
Oil 2 tblsp
Ghee - 2 tblsp
store bought Fried Onions - 1 box
- Soak rice for 2 hours
- Chop all veggies and marinade in yoghurt, salt, ginger-garlic paste
- Heat a little oil in a pan and fry onions. Saute a little and then add turmeric, garam masala, biryani masala, and bay leaves. Saute some more. Then add all marinated veggies and let cook to about 80%. Keep aside.
- Boil water in a pan with some salt and some mint and cilantro leaves. Add rice when the water starts boiling. Cook the rice to about 75%. Drain rest of the water and keep aside.
- In a flat pan, make a layer of veggies, rice, mint and coriander leaves and fried onions. Make a second set of layers in the same order. Pour ghee over the rice. Cover the pan tightly with a foil cover.
- Bake in an oven at 200 degrees for about 20 min to infuse the flavors.