Thailand Chess Association (TCA) in cooperation with Bangapi Chess Club on behalf of the Asian Chess Federation (ACF) have the honour to officially invite all Asian national chess federations to participate in the 2018 Asian Youth Chess Championship and Asian Youth Rapid and Blitz Championships, which will be held in Chiangmai, Thailand.
This event will be held from 31st March (arrival) to 10th April (departure).
Entitled player must not have reached his/her birthday, respectively, before January 1st, 2018:
Under 8: Born on or after 1st January 2010
Under 10: Born on or after 1st January 2008
Under 12: Born on or after 1st January 2006
Under 14: Born on or after 1st January 2004
Under 16: Born on or after 1st January 2002
Under 18: Born on or after 1st January 2000
Every Asian national chess federation can register only one official player in each category. Maximum of 12 players.
Other than Official Players, players shall be classified as Additional Players. A FIDE endorsed chess academy can send its trainees (maximum one player per category) as Additional Players. All persons, besides the players, shall be classified as Accompanying Persons. A federation may register any number of Additional Players and Accompanying Persons but only upon confirmation of availability by the Organizing Committee (OC). The National Federation shall be responsible for the costs of their Additional Players and Accompanying Persons.
Registration and Travel
1. Each participant (official or additional player and accompanying person) must pay registration fee of USD125 to the OC before 1st February 2018 – the Registration deadline. This registration fee is compulsory and represents a confirmation of participation and includes accreditation and transportation from and to Chiangmai International airport.
2. After the Registration deadline no official players will be accepted and their application will be treated as additional players. Also organizer reserve the right to refuse late registration or accepting with penalty charge of USD100 for each registration.
3. Registration form must be filled by National Federation officials and delivered to the OC before registration deadline.
4. All the travel expenses must be paid by the participants or their Federation. Only member federations of ACF are entitled to submit registration forms. Individual applications will not be accepted.
5. For security and organizational reasons and in accordance with FIDE tournament regulations all national delegations shall use the official hotel(s) designated by the OC.
Venue & Hotel – Board & Lodging
The Official Hotel and Official Venue of the event is the Lotus Pang Suan Kaew, (four stars) which is about 20 minutes from the international airport.
1. The tournament will be played using the Swiss System with 9 rounds. (Where there are not enough players, the organizers have the right to merge sections according to FIDE regulations to qualify for direct titles)
2. The rate of play will be: 90 minutes for the whole game with an increment of 30 seconds per move starting from move one.
2.1.a. Time Control for Blitz 3m +2s and 11 rounds
2.2.b. Time Control for Rapid Play 15m +10s and 7 Rounds
3. Tiebreak: The final ranking order of players is determined by the number of points scored. The tiebreak shall bedecided as in accordance to the following:
a/ Direct Encounter,
b/ The greater number of wins
d/ Buchholz Cut 1, Cut 2, etc
In case the above still does not produce a decision, the players remaining tied will be proclaimed joint winners.
4. The Continental President for Asia will – after consultation with the organizing federation – nominate the Technical Delegate and Chief Arbiter, as well as the necessary assistant arbiters and other officials.
1. Top 10 players in each event will be awarded: first three places Gold, Silver and Bronze medals and Trophies. 4th to 10th places will be awarded medals and special prizes.
2. Three best Federations, by ranking of medals collected in all categories, will receive a trophy. For first place the number of gold medals will be taken under consideration, if there is a tie, then the number of silver medals, if there isstill a tie, then the number of bronze medals. If finally this is still equal, then the total number of medal winners.
3. The champions of AYCC-2018 shall have the personal right to participate in the World Youth Championship of the corresponding age-category or a higher age-category if the stipulation of Art. 1 is met. This privilege may be exercised once exclusively in the subsequent year following the year of qualification.
4. Certificates of Participation shall be given to all players, FIDE accredited trainers, Managers, and the appointed Technical Officials.
1. FIDE direct title regulations have been amended effective 1st July 2017. Award of direct titles are now based on the minimum rating requirements as published in the FIDE handbook. Notice of these minimum ratings will be posted at the venue. Those who do not meet these requirements shall be awarded these titles on reaching the necessary rating, at any time.
3. Winners of U16 category shall be awarded the title of FM / WFM and an IM norm. 1st equal player will get FM title. The Silver & Bronze Medal winners shall be awarded the Candidate Master (CM) / Woman Candidate Master (WCM) title.
4. Winners of U12 & U14 categories shall be awarded the title of FM / WFM. The Silver & Bronze Medal winners shall be awarded the CM / WCM title.
5. Gold, Silver & Bronze Medal (after tiebreak up to 3 players) winners of the U8 & U10 categories shall be awarded the CM/WCM title.
Contact: [email protected]