Abu Dhabi Chess Festival Committee has the honor of inviting the players to take part in a distinguished chess annual event, which consists of numerous FIDE registered tournaments. It will be held in Abu Dhabi, the capital city of the UAE from 13th until 23rd of August, 2017.
Abu Dhabi Chess & Culture Club is organizing the festival under the Patronage of H.H Sheikh Nahyan bin Zayed Al Nahyan, Chairman of Abu Dhabi Sport Council.
1. Masters Tournament:
Open to all Fide-rated players with standard rating of 2100 ELO and above (as of 1st July 2017). The tournament will be a 9-rounds Swiss system, time control 90 min for each player and 30 seconds increment for each. 30-minute tolerance will be applied. The organizing committee shall provide free accommodation in a five stars’ hotel for players rated 2600+ and women with standard Elo of 2400+ (prior approval from the committee is needed in order to guarantee the accommodation. Only for limited players who register first). FIDE ID is required. Entry Fees Aed 250 (US$ 70). GM, IM with standard Elo Above 2400 and WGM are exempted from entry and registration Fees.
2. Open Tournament:
Open for players rated 2100 ELO and below (as of 1st July 2017). The tournament will be a 9-rounds Swiss system, time control 90 min for each player and 30 seconds increment for each move. 30-minute tolerance will be applied.
FIDE ID is required. Entry fees AED 150 (US$ 40). IM’s & GM’s are exempted from this condition.
3. Juniors Tournament (under 16 years):
Open for players born in 2001 or later. The tournament will be a 9 rounds Swiss system, time control 70 min for each player for the whole game. 30-minute tolerance will be applied.
FIDE ID is required. Entry fees AED 100 (US$ 27). IM’s & GM’s are exempted from this condition
*Only rated junior players are eligible to play in two tournaments (open and juniors tournament).
4. Blitz tournament: Swiss system, 11 rounds, 3 min + 2 sec increment. Entry fees AED 100 (US$ 27). GM, IM with standard Ello Above 2400 and WGM are exempted.
5. Simultaneous exhibition: Held by a renowned international GM. Free Registration
6. Homeland protectors tournament: Open to members of military and police and national service. Swiss system, 7 rounds, 15 min. If there are 10 or less teams participating, the tournament will be a round robin. Free registration.
7. Family Team Tournament: Swiss system, 7 rounds, 15 min. Open to teams of 2 players (player + one of the parents). If there are 10 or less teams participating, the tournament will be a round robin. Free Registration.
The top prizes in the Masters tournament (in USD): $13000 $7,500 $5,500 $3,500 $2000 $1500 $1000 $800 $700 $600
- Registration is accepted online via the official website www.adchessfestival.com
- A filled registration form and a passport copy with two photos to be sent to [email protected]
- Last day of registration is 1st July 2017. All participating players accept to fully comply with the regulations of the tournament and the organizer
- The organizing committee will provide a visa for foreign players according to legal procedures of UAE after receiving the registration form and a passport copy including two photos before 1st of July 2017.
- The organizing committee will provide special rates for participants who wish to stay in a hotel.
- Participants from abroad can come through Abu Dhabi International Airport, Dubai International Airport (150 km from Abu Dhabi) or Sharjah International airport (180km from Abu Dhabi). Organizer Committee will provide the invited players Pickup transportation (from Airport to hotel/ from hotel to airport) only from Abu Dhabi Airport.