The 8th Annual Social Enterprise Symposium (SES), sponsored by the Center for Social Value Creation at the Robert H. Smith School of Business, returns to the University of Maryland on Friday, March 4, 2016.
The Symposium explores the role of business in creating economic prosperity and lasting social and environmental change. From sustainability to social entrepreneurship this unique event connects students with thought leaders using the tools of business to change the world.
The theme of this year’s SES is “Invest in the Long Term” and will focus on creating a dialogue on how individuals and organizations are seeking prosperity that includes both profit and positive long-term impact. The Symposium always features two keynote speakers who will address those in attendance.
This year’s Keynote Speakers are:
- Alex Counts, Founder of the Grameen Foundation: Counts founded Grameen Foundation and became its President and CEO in 1997, after having worked in microfinance and poverty reduction for 10 years. He has propelled Grameen Foundation’s philosophy through his writings, including Small Loans, Big Dreams: How Nobel Prize Winner Muhammad Yunus and Microfinance Are Changing the World and Voices From the Field.
- Jonathan Atwood, VP of Sustainable Living at Unilever: Atwood joined the company in May 2012 and is responsible for Communications, Unilever Brand, and the shape and implementation of the Unilever Sustainable Living Plan in North America.
Following the keynotes, SES will host three breakout sessions designed specifically for interactivity and dialogue:
- Investing for Impact and the Long Term
- Social Entrepreneur Millennial Mash-up
- Climate Action Workshop (Innovation Café)
Afterward, aspiring social entrepreneurs will prepare for a student innovation showcase at the Do Good Challenge semi-finals. Lastly, a dessert reception and networking time caps off the event.
Space at SES is limited, so register today at ter.ps/ses. Can’t make it? Be sure to follow on social media at #SES15.
- Consulting Career Prep at Columbia Business School (metromba.com)
The post REGISTER: 8th Annual Social Enterprise Symposium Coming to Smith School appeared first on MetroMBA.