Psychology Facts About Love
1. Romantic love is biochemically indistinguishable from severe obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD).
2. The Brain associates rejection with physical pain.
3. Holding hands with someone you love, or cuddling, and embracing them can alleviate physical pain as well as any feelings of stress and Fear.
4. Your brain knows within the first 4 minutes of meeting someone whether you like them or not.
5. Studies show that couples who are in love are so bonded after just 3 minutes of looking into each other's eyes their hearts beat in sync with each other.
6. Falling in love has the same neurological effects as cocaine.
7. People generally prefer an attractive face over an attractive body.
8. People who suffer from anxiety, depression, loneliness, and low self-esteem; have a limited ability to experience love.
9. Safety is a precondition for love.
10. A broken heart can cause physical chest pain.
11. A person's smell is directly connected to how attractive they are perceived.
Psychology Facts About Life
12. Spending money on experiences rather than possessions suggests you will live a happier life.
13. When a person cries, if the first tear falls from the right they are tears of happiness. From the left, tears of pain or sadness.
14. Average high school students exhibit the same anxiety levels as psychiatric patients in the early 1950's.
15. The brain operates on the same amount of power as a 10-watt light bulb.
16. On average it takes 66 days to form a habit. And 21 days to break one.
17. Your attention span maxes out at 10 minutes.
18. You have a friend limit. The maximum number of close ties a person can have hovers somewhere between 50 -150.
19. You cannot multitask. Your brain is only capable of performing one task (that requires thought) at a time.
20. When you read your brain tries to "guess" what's next - allowing reading to flow easier.
21. Stress causes you to perform worse in all aspects of life.
22. You are lazy. People always look for the best way to handle a situation with the least work involved.
23. The brain, itself, cannot feel pain.
24. Laughing lowers stress hormones and strengthens your immune system.
25. 85% of the time someone is angry with you is basically hurt or disappointment driven.
26. When a person is happy they are more productive.
27. Birth order is said to have a direct effect on how you develop and handle life.
28. Happiness peaks at age 50.
29. We forget 95% - 99% of our dreams.
30. The colder the room you sleep in the more likely you are to have a bad dream.
31. Your brain is much more active at night then during the day.
32. During sleep your brain is consolidating information from the days activities.
33. The strangers in your dreams people you have seen before - regardless of if you remember them or not.
34. Your brain, on average, has between 1,460 - 2,900 dreams a year.
35. Depressed people dream 3 times more than those who are not depressed.
36. Night terrors are different then nightmares. A person experiencing a night terror is unable to wake up from their sleep but often has their eyes open.
Psychology Facts About Music & Technology
37. The type of music you listen to affects the way you perceive the world.
38. Ever wonder why your favorite song is your favorite song? You associate it with something taking place in your life.
39. Upon examining internet trolls, scientists found an overwhelmingly large part of them were narcissistic, psychopathic, and sadistic.
40. In the not to distant future an Internet Addiction may be classified with other addictions.
41. 68% of people suffer from phantom vibration syndrome - they feel their phone vibrating when it is not.
42. Music helps people get through stressful, anxious, & emotional times.
43. 99% of people type faster when they are angry.
Psychology Facts & Phobias
44. There are more than 400 unique phobias well recognized by psychologists.
45. Phobias are said to be memories passed down from generations prior via DNA.
46. Phobophobia is the fear of having a phobia.
47. Nomophobia is the fear of being without your cell phone.
48. Philophobia is the fear of falling in love.
49. Ommatophobia is the fear of eyes.
50. Fears or phobias can be retrained with with positive memory associations.