Scholarships, grants, and fellowships for education in the USA are by and large in light of the student's academic accomplishment and performance throughout the years. Only an academically outstanding student is considered for this sort of honor. These can be private or public and can even be research grants. Most part this kind of financial aid is given as money. In the event that you intend to have education in the United States, verify whether you are eligible and in the event that you can avail any of the scholarships mentioned in this article.
Why pay more when you can pay less?
A scholarship can be of two types:
Full Scholarship-Student's entire tuition fee, living expenses, and books cost are paid with this scholarship for education in the USA.
Partial Scholarship- The scholarship would be paid for only tuition fee.Other than tuition fee all other expenses are to be met by the student himself through other means.
Scholarships in the United States:
- The Fulbright Nehru Master's Fellowship
Number of scholarships: 100
About the Scholarship:
The Fulbright USA Scholarships for Indian Students is awarded to young, high-performing Indian students.The Fulbright Scholarship is offered by the United States India Education Foundation.
- ETS TOEFL Scholarship
Number of scholarships: 15
About the Scholarship:
The Indian students who show all-around performance in their academics and extra-curricular activities, more emphasis on community service.The undergraduate and graduate students can apply for this scholarship program.
- Tata Scholarships for Cornell University
Number of scholarships: 20
The Tata Education and Development Trust (Ratan Tata of Tata Sons Ltd.) has provided a $ 25 million grant to Cornell University to provide financial assistance to underprivileged but deserving Indian students who wish to take undergraduate courses in Cornell University.
Who can apply?
To be eligible for the scholarship, the following criteria must be fulfilled:
- You should be a secondary school student, applying as a first-year student at American University
- You require a visa to study in the US (F1 or J1 student visa).
- You should have a minimum 3.8 GPA equivalent, or be in the top ten percent of your graduating class.
- You should be dedicated and committed to doing service to help people in India after your course.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English are a must, with minimum 90 TOEFL iBT or 6.5 IELTS.
- You must demonstrate leadership, volunteerism, and community service.
If you want to know more details about education in the USA can click here.