Study Bachelor of Exercise and Sport Science In New Zealand
UCOL’s Bachelor of Exercise and Sport Science aims to develop independent and confident individuals with specialised knowledge in the area of physical conditioning, related to both health and sport performance.Learn how the body responds, adapts to, and recovers after exercise, how diet affects performance, and how health conditions like diabetes, obesity and heart disease can be managed under an exercise programme.
You will also learn how to test, train and motivate sports athletes and teams to reach peak performance. All of this will be passed on to you by our highly skilled and enthusiastic lecturers in your classrooms – UCOL’s two Exercise Physiology Testing Laboratories and fully equipped gym. Client interaction, via practical clinical experience, is a key component of UCOL’s Bachelor of Exercise and Sport Science.
Career & Study Outcomes
- possess a sound knowledge of scientific principles to enable safe application of clinical exercise and physical conditioning intervention strategies at all levels of human performance;
- possess the ability to perform as an effective professional within the exercise industry;
- be accountable for and critically evaluate their professional standards and activities;
- be equipped for continued learning, intellectual development, critical analysis and creativity;
- possess business and interpersonal skills necessary to advance their professional practice and standing;
- demonstrate leadership skills and work effectively as members of a team;
- possess the skills and knowledge to work as part of a medical and/or community team to provide assistance for people with special needs and/or musculoskeletal problems.
UCOL’s Bachelor of Exercise and Sport Science degree can open up an exciting array of job opportunities in the sports, exercise and health sectors in New Zealand and overseas. Take inspiration from UCOL Exercise and Sport Science Lecturer, Hayden Pritchard. Employment options include:
Personal training (REPs accredited)
Physical activity and nutrition advising
Teaching (following one year at Teachers College)
Domestic Entry Requirements
Applicants under 20 years of age:
Applicants under the age of 20 years must have University Entrance
OR equivalent academic achievement
OR on a case-by-case basis at the discretion of the Executive Dean
OR provisional enrolment, which is defined by NZQA as being Discretionary Entrance and includes the following clauses:
- Are New Zealand or Australian citizens and permanent residents under 20 years of age
- Must have a minimum of 14 credits in an approved subject at Level 2 towards NCEA
- Must also have met the literacy and numeracy standards required for University Entrance
Applicants over 20 years of age:
International Entry Requirements
English Proficiency Entry Requirements
International student applicants whose first language is not English must have an IELTS Academic (or equivalent including TOEFL) score of 6 with no band score lower than 5.5. IELTS scores used must be taken from a single IELTS Test Report Form (i.e. combining scores from more than one test is not permissible).
Click Here : – Study Bachelor of Exercise and Sport Science In New Zealand
The post Study Bachelor of Exercise and Sport Science In New Zealand appeared first on Study Abroad Admission Consultants.