Welcome to the Department of Electronic Engineering, a department dedicated to world-leading research and teaching in Electronic Engineering. Our research groups play significant roles on the national and international stage, collaborating with major industries and securing funding from research councils. In the latest REF assessment, 87% of our work was assessed as world leading or internationally excellent. With respect to our teaching, in the most recent NSS survey in 2016 we were rated in the top 10 nationally for teaching quality (for the third year running) and in the top 5 for academic support. We offer a wide range of degree programmes specifically designed to educate you to be a world class engineer and maximise your full potential.
Electronic Engineers hold the keys to the future. Whether harnessing the physics of electron spin to create the next generation of tiny devices, applying the biological algorithms of life to make robots that self-repair, networking myriads of communicating sensors to monitor the environment, measuring human performance for health care or managing the design and development process, engineers solve real problems with hard science. Through its Research and Taught Masters degree programmes the Department inspires and trains leaders who will drive the future of technology.
Careers and Graduate Destinations
The MSc courses at York don’t just give you academic qualifications. They are also designed to enhance your employability and to prepare you for entering the world of work or research after graduation.
some of the ways we do this are:
The group project experience improved not only my engineering ability, but also other transferable skills such as interpersonal skills, time management, delegation & risk management to a large extent.
- Group projects which simulate project work within a company – working and problem solving in a team
- Work with industry standard tools to make you attractive candidates for propsective employers
- Visits and careers talks from our industrial contacts
- Negotiating internship opportunities to help students gain industrial experience
- Lifetime support from the University Careers Service
- Training in research methods and project management.
- Opportunities to develop presentation skills and report writing.
- Research led teaching – providing exposure to cutting edge methods from acknowledged experts.
- Hands-on experience of event and project management including the opportunity to design and deliver two events on campus (Audio and Music Technology only).
- York Alumni Association provides support and opportunities to network with other former York students after you graduate.
How to Apply
To apply for any postgraduate course in the department, you can complete and submit your application through the University’s online application system. Please read the application guidance first so that you understand the various steps in the application process.
The following links will take you direct to the online application for each course.
Our department is home to world-leading research groups working in areas including nano-technology, computer architectures based on biological systems, electromagnetic compatibility and advanced wireless communications systems.
Our research areas fit into three overarching groups:
- Communication Technologies Research Group
- Intelligent Systems and Nano-science Research Group
- Engineering Education and Management Research Group
The post electronic engineering appeared first on ABROAD - STUDY, WORK & MIGRATE.