Company Name: Barclays
Job Location: Mumbai
Eligibility: Any Graduate
Last Date: ASAP
Barclays is a British multinational banking and financial services company headquartered in London. It is a universal Bank with operations in retail, wholesale and investment banking, as well as wealth management, mortgage lending and credit cards. It has operations in over 50 countries and territories and has around 48 million customers.
Barclays is organized into four core business: Personal & Corporate (Personal Banking, Corporate Banking, Wealth & Investment Management), Barclaycard, Investment Banking and Africa.
Barclays traces its origins to a goldsmith banking business established in the City of London in 1690. James Barclay became a partner in the business in 1736. In 1896 several banks in London and the English provinces, including Backhouse’s Bank and Gurney’s Bank, united as a joint-stock bank under the name Barclays and Co. Over the following decades Barclays expanded to become a nationwide bank. In 1967, Barclays deployed the world’s first cash dispenser. Barclays has made numerous corporate acquisitions, including of London, Provincial and South Western Bank in 1918, British Linen Bank in 1919, Mercantile Credit in 1975, the Woolwich in 2000 and the North American operations of Lehman Brothers in 2008.
Job Role: Analyst
- The role requires sound understanding of trade life cycle of Securities Lending & Repo Financing, sound programming skills, understanding of the Financing business, eye for detail and an ability to liaise with the trading desks to ensure the timely and accurate delivery of tasks/projects performed
- The role holder will interact with regional traders to understand the key areas of business, the PnL drivers, the risks involved and work closely to build solutions/ models/ reports that can help in making the business more efficient from cost/ revenue perspective
- Ability to communicate effectively with Trading, TCU, MO, IT etc to get issues resolved proactively
- Basic knowledge of Securities Lending Business
- Strong co-ordination skills to manage multiple tasks
- Programming skills like Excel/VBA/SQL are an added benefit
- Flexible to work long hours
- Excellent communication skills (oral/written) as the candidate would have to work with
- Onshore teams globally.
- They would have to speak to the traders. In addition they would have to work on market color reports which would require good written/presentation skills
- Analytical Skills
- Aptitude for self learning – Should be able to demonstrate a self starting attitude
- Proactive in nature. Should be able to take decisions and support those.
- Team player
Click Here to Apply
The post Barclays hiring for Freshers as a Analyst at Mumbai appeared first on Impressive Careers.