6-7 mini croissants/3-4 large croissants
1 mug milky hot chocolate
1/2 cup double cream
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup water
Chocolate chips/white chocolate chunks (optional)
1. Boil the sugar and water together in a pan and let it cook on medium heat for about 3-5 minutes till it starts to turn golden and thick.
2. Meanwhile make the hot chocolate using only milk. As well as tear and place the croissants in a buttered oven-proof dish.
3. Once the caramel is formed from the sugar and water combination, take it off the heat and let it sit in the pan for a minute. Then add the hot chocolate whilst whisking continuously (expect it to act crazily).
4. Then place the pan back onto low heat and add the cream. Keep whisking till there are no more lumps.
5. Take the mixture and place into a bowl or dish and let it cool till its room temperature.
6. Then whisk in the two eggs till fully incorporated. Pour this caramel custard over the croissants evenly, trying to soak all the croissants. Sprinkle with milk chocolate chips or white chocolate chunks.
7. Bake the pudding in a preheated oven at gas mark 5 for 20 to 30 minutes. Serve warm with ice cream or or custard or slathered in maple syrup.
ENJOY!! You Don’t Make it everyday