Making lavender lemonade is a healthy twist on the classic drink that will help relieve anxiety and soothes headaches.
Lemonade flavored with a splash of Lavender is a delicious and healthy way to incorporate the astounding natural healing powers of the sweet-smelling, aromatic herb. Lavender is a wonderful herb renowned for its ability to relieve stress, decrease anxiety, and soothe headaches, among other remarkable effects.
Pure Lavender Oil extracted from the flower has many natural healing properties. Although it is among the gentlest of essential oils, it boasts some of the most potent effects, which have made it a household favorite for its healing and calming properties. The seemingly simple herb actually boasts a complex chemical structure that contains over 150 active ingredients, all of which have great health benefits. All these powerful ingredients explain lavender’s effectiveness in many areas.
Lavender Oil Can:
- relieve pain
- repel insects
- reduce anxiety
- destroy fungus
- act as a sedative
- detoxify the body
- ward off depression
- reduce inflammation
- kill germs and bacteria
Medical Usage of Lavender
- Dr. Dunn and colleagues observed the anxiolytic (anti-anxiety) effects of lavender oil aromatherapy used in intensive care units. Subjects who were given at least one session of aromatherapy with 1% lavender essential oil demonstrated significant declines in their anxiety levels with just one treatment.
- Alaoui-Ismaili and colleagues found that subjects find the aroma of lavender to be pleasant and soothing, and noted correlations with the use of lavender and changes in the autonomic nervous system.
- Tysoe and colleagues studied the effects of heated lavender oil under a burner on hospital staff’s mood and stress levels. A whopping 85% of respondents firmly believed that the heated lavender oil greatly improved the work environment.
- Diego and colleagues noted that about 10% of people receiving lavender treatment via olfaction (scent) over the course of 3 minutes experienced increased levels of relaxation and decreased levels of anxiety, as well as a brightened mood and increased alpha power scores on EEG (an indicator of alertness), and an overall increased ability to perform mathematical calculations.
- Lewith and colleagues studied lavender aromatherapy’s effects on female patients experiencing depression, anxiety, and other mood changes over the course of treatment for hemodialysis. The effects of the aromatherapy used to treat the patients were measured with the Hamilton scale for anxiety (HAMA). In all trials, the lavender aromatherapy significantly decreased mean HAMA scores. This effect signifies the existence of an effective yet noninvasive treatment for anxiety in hemodialysis patients.
- Lavender aromatherapy, optionally combined with massage therapy, may also reduce one’s perceived pain levels and reduce the need for conventional pain relievers in both adults and children. However, this statement must be tested more thoroughly before rigid assertions are made.
How To Make Your Own Lavender Lemonade
- 1 cup raw honey
- 12 cups pure water
- 1 drop lavender essential oil
- 6 lemons, peeled and juiced
- Lavender sprigs for garnish
To make the lemonade, simply combine all the ingredients into a pitcher and mix them up. After that, chill the mix in the refrigerator. Add additional raw honey or water to taste if necessary.
Other great ways to use lavender oil to soothe headaches and reduce anxiety:
- Add 5-6 drops of lavender oil to your bath water to moisturize dry skin.
- Throughout your workday, diffuse 10-12 drops of lavender oil into the air using a special burner to relive stress naturally and increase productivity.
- If you have a favorite unrefined organic oil (almond, olive, coconut, etc. oils), simply add 2 drops per ounce of oil to create a body moisturizer that boasts all the benefits of your favorite oil, as well as those of lavender, such as healthier skin, increased relaxation, insect repelling properties,and improved sleep.
What are your thoughts?
Please share your thoughts snd experience by posting a comment below.
The post How to Make Lavender Lemonade to Relieve Anxiety and Headaches appeared first on eDrugSearch.com.