Shrimp in Thai Coconut Sauce
- 1 pound jumbo shrimp, shell and tail on
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided gloves garlic, minced or crushed.
- ¼ teaspoon red chili flakes
- ½ onion, peeled and sliced
- ½ red bell pepper, Julienned
- ½ orange bell pepper, Julienned
- ½ yellow bell, Julienned
- One can of coconut milk
- 4-6 tablespoons quality fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 2 tablespoon of fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons basil leaves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons cilantro chopped
- 1 green onion, chopped red jalapeño pepper, thinly sliced (optional)
- Place the shrimp in a bowl with 1 tablespoon of the oil, garlic,ginger, kosher salt and red chili flakes.
- Toss to coat and let marinade for 6 minutes.
- Heat up your sautée pan over med high heat with 2 tablespoon of oil.
- Add the onion and peppers and cook until it caramelizes, about 6 minutes. Transfer the peppers and onion to a bowl.
- In a clean sautée pan add 3 tablespoon of oil on med-high heat and sauté your shrimps with it.
- Transfer the shrimp to a plate. Add the remaining tablespoon of oil and cook the remaining shrimp then add to the other shrimp.
- In another bowl add your canned Thai Coconut Milk, fish sauce, peanut butter, brown sugar and ground ginger and stir well.
- Transfer the sautéed onion and peppers to the skillet and pour the coconut milk mixture of the peppers.
- Bring to a boil then reduce to simmer and cook until reduced by half, about 5 minutes. Add the shrimp to the skillet with the basil ,1 tbs of curry cilantro and toss to coat.
- Salt and pepper for taste
- Serve over rice or noodles.
- *Garnish with more cilantro and basil, chopped green onion and sliced red jalapeño of desired.
The post Shrimp in Thai Coconut Sauce appeared first on Radiant Health Magazine.
healthy health news health magazine health issues health information health current events health advice health and wellness health problems health articles 2014 latest health news latest medical news recent health articles health center teen health health facts health site health gov website
from Radiant Health Magazine http://ift.tt/2aGTeJz