So Its Sunday Night. Tomorrow is the work day. I am surprised that I am not anxious about tomorrow. Could it be that I made a progress? I been incorporating coloring and quiet times watching Candle Light in the dark as a distressing method. Even now I have the candle light up, its something very smoothing and relaxing about it. I had intense week, a lot of disturbances with drinking dreams and cravings being in the back of my mind. Had to up my defenses and watch that craving to make sure it doesnt make me do the things that I will regret later. I am so relaxed right now its crazy. Its a good thing that I went to the smart meeting today, helped me to ease my disturbances after just mentioning them in a couple of sentences. I also learned that compulsive craving dont last longer then like 30 minutes. After 30 minutes its just me obsessing about it. I mean thats what they say. So before I go take a bath and top up my fish tank with water here are my ten things that I am grateful for in general.
- Being alive
- My parents
- Not having to wake up tomorrow with hangover
- My job and that it is close to my house
- My co workers
- My car, that it is still running
- For feeling peaceful at this moment, being aware of it, knowing it wont last long and enjoying it every second.
- For people who saved me and showed me that there is a way out from drinking
- Alcoholics anonymous and smart meetings
- Having support from strangers
- For the future opportunity that I have since I dont drink anymore
- Not relapsing and not giving up when I had the strongest craving so far
I know its a little bit more then ten reasons but they all deserve to be on my list and I bet there are hundreds more that I could think of. Peaceful Sunday night to you all. I hope you are not drinking and doing well.