Light Up Your Life with Clean and Fragrant Aromath - Aromatherapy soy wax candles
Aromatherapy candles are used by a lot of people for low lighting to create a cozy, fragrant and intimate ambient. Aromatherapy Soy Candles are more popular than the normal aromatherapy candles for a variety of reasons. Aromatherapy soy candles are the rage because they are environmentally safe and at the same time can satisfy the aromatherapy needs of an individual.
Soy wax was used for the first time in the year 1993 by inventor Michael Richards when he was searching for cleaner sources of light. Unlike regular candles, which are made from either paraffin - a byproduct of petroleum - or beeswax, soy candles are created from hydrogenated soybean oil.
Advantages of Soy Candles over Other Candles
- Aromatherapy soy candles in their true form are environment friendly as they do not produce any toxins or carcinogens when they burn and they are also biodegradable. This helps our environment even if it is only in a small way. As compared to paraffin candles, aromatherapy soy candles are not only environment friendly, but also a healthier option for the person using it.
- A soy aromatherapy candle burns twice as long as other candles which makes them less expensive.
- Aromatherapy soy candles do not produce as much heat as common paraffin candles, so they burn the essential oils more efficiently. This means that the fragrance is stronger and lasts longer. Due to this cooler burning, they also burn longer than most candles of the same size. Aromatherapy soy candles are also easier to clean than most candles because they can be cleaned with ordinary water and soap.
- Some allergy sufferers also believe that soy candles do not trigger reactions, unlike paraffin. This may be because paraffin candles give off some of the same byproducts as burning gasoline.
- Trying to clean the spilled wax out of your carpet can be pain but not with the soy candles. With soy candles all you need is hot water and detergent to clean the spot. Also, you can look forward to cleaner candle holders as there is very less soot that sticks to the sides of your favorite candleholders!
Be Careful of Lighted Candles
Always be careful when using lighted candles. Pillar candles have melted wax pooling near the wick and this can burn when it touches the human skin. Also exercise caution when moving candles around, as the melted wax might spill over. Do not leave lighted candles around children and pets. Do not leave candles burning overnight because this may cause fires. Always make sure candles in containers are cool to touch before moving them to avoid accidents.
Read more: Aromatherapy Spa: A Wonderful way to Distress
Some Trendy Ways to Decorate Your Home with Soy Candles
- You can create a contemporary candles cape by arranging different sized soy pillar candles on a flat-bottom plate. Candle plates are available in a large variety of sizes, shapes, colors and textures from home décor shops.
- Your fireplace can be a dramatic backdrop when filled with a variety of soy pillar candles. Candle holders are available, especially for in-fireplace use when it\'s too warm for a log fire.
- Place large soy pillar candles in patterned vases to give your home a bold and bright look. Natural colored candles placed in clear glass vases filled with sand, beans, grains, glass beads or stones are a striking complement to any décor.
- Jar soy candles have expanded from being just used in the kitchen or bath to every room in the house. Rustic mason jars and old-style apothecary jar soy candles are still the most commonly found, more contemporary jar styles, some with metal accent lids, are also gaining popularity.
- Candlelight can transform your garden or patio into one of your home\'s most enchanting areas. Use decorative outdoor soy candles scented with citronella blends to deter pesky flying insects. Large candles in metal garden buckets or terracotta pots are made with rope wicks, so the wind won\'t blow them out.
- Candles are no longer limited to a single scent. Layered fragrances within a single candle combine as the candle burns down. This offers an alternative to individual candles with fragrances designed to be burned together to personalize the fragrance mix to their own tastes.
- Soy wax potpourri is a relatively new concept in the home fragrance market. Scented wax pieces are placed in a simmer pot or oil burner and warmed from below with an unscented tea light. You can melt pieces with different scents to create a personalized fragrance. Aromatherapy soy wax candles