8 Simple Tips Getting Clear Glowing Skin Naturally
I guess you are like me and that you are tired of spending a great part of your money you earn on all sorts of expensive treatments in salons that promise that you will have a radiant Skin, but all they do is to waste your money rather than see the results on time. Or buying a commercially creme full of chemicals, that won’t help but or even you will develop allergies while using it.
This is because the skin cells in the body are replaced at a much slower pace than facial skin. That is because the body skin is not as exposed to environmental factors, such as facial skin. Body lotions have the consistency of a cream, are thicker and often more oily than facial creams.
Often, commercial products can cause allergies. That is because the skin on the face is thinner and chemicals found in body lotions can hurt your sensitive facial skin.
As stated above, body Lotions are usually more creamy than lotions for your face. Therefore, when applying body lotion on my face, you allow dust and pollutants to settle on the skin. The dirt stays on until you wash your face and that can cause clogged pores and acne.
An alternative to cosmetic products and the parabens are the organic ones, using tea tree essential oils, lavender, rosemary; vitamin E, A, C, and some semi-natural preservatives.
The validity period will be much shorter than that of cosmetics with parabens, but we know for sure that the product’s quality and expensive. But today nothing is safe, so I thought to present to you some natural remedies for a beautiful and healthy skin.
Cleopatra’s milk bath!
Surely you’ve heard of Cleopatra and her beauty that changed history. I thought you might like a little trick with milk for a skin that will radiate beauty after this treatment. Natural treatment based on lactic acid for hydration in depth!
Milk is a great natural treatment for the skin because it contains nutrients: lactic acid, proteins, calcium, vitamin A, vitamin B12, vitamin D, and zinc. The most important ingredient from milk is undoubtedly the lactic acid; This is an alpha-hydroxy acid( which, by the way, you will find in the most expensive exfoliators for your body), which has exfoliating properties: it dissolves the proteins to exfoliate dead cells, dirt, and grease from the skin, leaving at sight healthy young cells of the epidermis.
Lactic acid not only exfoliates, moisturizes the skin but, optimizes its ability to retain water. In the process, however, milk proteins and fats intervene and will improve water retention and allows a deeper penetration into the skin. Also, vitamin A and D do wonders to your skin: gives your skin a feeling of softness that we all desire!
Honey completes the benefits of milk in relation to the skin, helping intensification the hydration, especially in the cold winter months. Honey is often described as a humectant, meaning it contains some substances that attract moisture to the skin. If you belong to the category of women with dry skin, you should really take advantage of honey because it will give your great results. Equally, women with oily skin can rely on honey, which helps hydration, and keeping the skin clean.
Hoping that I convinced you of the miraculous properties of milk and honey, I will describe you some ritual baths. And something else! You do not need a bathtub full of milk( as Cleopatra had) for the treatment to show some results. A few cups of milk and a few tablespoons of honey can do wonders if you follow this remedy regularly to improve your skin quality! 5 steps to prepare a full bath with milk and honey:
- You need the following ingredients: a cup of honey, five cups of milk with more fat( you can also use powdered milk), a cup and a half of salt, half a cup of baking soda and 30 drops of your favorite essential oil.
- Heat milk in the microwave for two minutes and add a little honey; Mix well until melted. If you are using powdered milk, cook it as directed on package. It is also recommended to use organic honey.
- Prepare the bathroom: turn on the water and fill the tub. It is good that water is not extremely hot because it will pose a risk of drying your skin. Put in the bath tub salt and baking soda and essential oil( you can also use dried herbs if you like them more). Remember that some herbs have a psychological effect: lavender gives you a calm feeling and it can induce sleep and mint can increase alertness, so use them according to your mood!
- Add and mix of milk and honey and water and mix them by hand until combined. It should look great! To make the experience even more delightful light some candles or you can listen to relaxing music. Some people prefer to read, so everything is allowed as long as you relax.
- After half an hour of relaxation, you can massage the skin with a fine bath sponge. Make a circular motion to clean the skin deeply, and to improve circulation. Some beauty specialists say that you can use organic oatmeal to exfoliate your skin better. You put it on a sponge, and then rub gently the skin and then rinse!
Choose to take a bath with milk and honey that helps to release tension! For total removal of stress, meditate in the tub!
Hydrating masks with avocado
Avocado is the best friend of all women and a fabulous source for cosmetics. Out of its seed, it is extracted the famous avocado oil and pulp but can be used in various cosmetic masks.
Mash half an avocado and spread the paste on your clean face( after you get yourself an easily made scrub with bran). Wait 15 minutes then remove with warm water.
- Mask with avocado and egg yolk for dry skin: Half an avocado( very ripe), peeled, mashed with a fork. Add a few drops of Olive Oil, argan or almonds, and an egg yolk. Everything turns into a very well blended paste, which is applied to the face and neck. After 20 minutes, remove with warm water. It can be applied twice a week is recommended, but it is not recommended to fat skins and acne.
- Face mask with avocado and olive oil for mature skin: Smash 1 avocado until it becomes a paste. Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil and mix well. The paste is applied on the face, leaving free the area around the eyes. Place a slice of cucumber on each eye. Keep the mask on face for 10-15 minutes then rinse well. This mask leaves skin hydrated and nourished well. To get a more radiant skin, you can add to this mask a spoonful of yogurt.
Mask with oatmeal and lemon juice for oily skin
Oats are great for exfoliating the skin easily and lemon juice makes it brighter. You can do this mask for dry skin if you replace the lemon with olive oil or almond oil.
How to prepare it: Mix 2 tablespoons of cooked oatmeal with a tablespoon of fresh lemon juice. Apply the mask on the entire face, avoiding the eyes and mouth. Let it dry( takes about half an hour) and then wash your face with warm water.
Mask with honey, milk and egg yolk for dry and normal skin
Milk is a great skin illuminator, reduce brown spots on the face and hyperpigmentation. It also stimulates collagen production, acts as an antibacterial agent, is a good astringent, has moisturizing properties. Honey helps hydration in depth. If you have oily skin, instead of the yolk, you can use egg white.
How to prepare it: you need a yolk, two tablespoons of fresh milk and two tablespoons of honey. Mix the three ingredients and apply the mask on your face. You will get a pretty “liquid” mask, so stretch it with your fingers directly. Wait 20 minutes, then rinse with warm water. Dull skin can be cured by using facial massage, a good way to put in motion circulation in the skin.
Olive oil is a miracle when it comes to skin care
It diminishes wrinkles, moisturizes and even treats acne. In addition, olive oil is recommended for dehydrated skin care because it moisturizes, cleans and regenerates the skin.
Here are some simple but effective solutions to use olive oil in your skincare ritual.
- As a makeup remover: cleanses skin and removes makeup with a cotton pad soaked in olive oil. Given that olive oil has a delicate formula can be used for the care of sensitive areas such as around the eyes.
- Reduces wrinkles: thanks to its good moisturizing properties, olive oil can be successfully used to treat fine lines that appear with age. Apply and rub the dry areas that are more prone to wrinkles.
- Hydration: the olive oil can also be used successfully in the place of your night cream. After the bath or after cleaning your face, apply a little olive oil and rub until absorbed into the skin.
- Peeling: mix olive oil with sea salt to get an effective exfoliating lotion. Use the mixture to massage the skin and remove dead cells.
- Moisturizing bath: skin needs hydration, especially on cold days. Put a few drops of olive oil and aromatic oils( lavender or eucalyptus) in the bath water and your skin and your mood will only benefit.
- Acne treatment: 25 cl of olive oil mixed with 100 drops of lavender oil. Using a cotton pad, apply the mixture on the affected areas. You’ll notice results within a few days of treatment.
- Treatment for dry hands: mix 2 tablespoons of olive oil with 2 drops of orange essential oil. The resulting mixture can be kept refrigerated in a capped bottle. Anoint your hands with this mixture and put your plastic gloves that you can leave the night. In the morning rinse them thoroughly with lukewarm water.
- Cracked heels: apply olive oil compresses to the affected areas. Olive oil moisturizes and softens the stratum corneum from the heels.
- Dry elbows: cut a lemon in half and drop some olive oil over it.
Cucumbers – benefits and properties for the skin
The fast result on cellulite – cucumber contains phytochemicals, substances known for their protective effect on cells. A slice of cucumber scrubbed to the skin can act on the level of collagen in tissues, that will cause skin tightening and toning and reducing the appearance of orange peel. Works great in the case of wrinkles too!
Effective masks made of cucumber:
- Face Mask with cucumber, mint, and egg( especially for oily and mature skin)
Grate a cucumber and mix it with egg white that previously you beat. Mix the result with a little finely crushed fresh mint. Put the mask on your face and wait 20 minutes. Meanwhile, you can relax with two slices of cucumber on your eyes that will reduce dark circles and will help eye deflation. This mask has an anti-wrinkle effect and helps the skin to produce more collagen.
- Face Mask with cucumber, honey, and milk( for dry skin or acne)
Place a cucumber in a blender and mix it well. In a bowl, beat an egg white and mix it with 2 tablespoons of honey and 3 tablespoons milk. Mix them well and put them on the face. Apply the resulting paste on the face and neck and leave it on for about half an hour. This mask is very good for cleaning and brightness. It also restores skin elasticity.
- Face Mask with cucumber, yogurt, and honey( for dry, irritated skin or acne)
Yogurt is very good because it removes dead cells from the skin surface. When mixed with cucumber, it helps moisturizing and cleaning the face. For this mask, you need 2 cucumbers, a cup of plain yogurt and a teaspoon of honey. Peel the cucumber and grate it and blend until it forms a paste. Add yogurt and mix until it becomes uniform with cucumber, then add the honey and continue mixing. Apply the mask on your face and hold it for about a quarter of an hour, then rinse well.
Argan oil, an oil so precious for our skin that should be used as often and in as many recipes for the skin to retain its youth and brilliance for a long time. Here’s how you can do it at home in your own bathroom, a full of care ritual based on Argan oil: exfoliating, moisturizing, toning.
You need a quarter cup of barley( barley slows the aging process), a quarter of a cup of green clay, 2 cups of chamomile tea, a coffee grinder, 2-3 small face towels and of course pure argan oil.
How to make a scrub with argan oil?
Grind the barley with a coffee grinder. Take the barley powder in your palm and mix it with 2-3 drops of argan oil. Apply it on your face. Begins peeling off the scrub, starting with your forehead in a circular motion, then descend gently on other parts of the face and finally exfoliate the cheekbones in the same way. Rinse with water.
The next step consists in mixing the clay with a little argan oil so you will obtain a paste that is applied to the face. Leave it on for 20 minutes. In a bowl, put warm chamomile tea. Soak in the tea towels and clean the clay paste and argan oil from your face.
The last step is to apply Argan oil all over your face. Put a few drops of argan oil in your palm and on the fingers of the other hand to start applying oil on the face. Start from the center of the forehead and down over the face. Around the eyes is applied with very light movements. The last area of the face on which the oil is applied is the chin. The oil should not be wiped off the face, it must be allowed to enter into every pore.
Homemade body butter!
Body Butter with honey and shea. I have been writing about how honey is great for taking care of your skin. What you may not know is that shea butter restores skin elasticity, reduce stretch marks, helps heal wounds without leaving scars and cuts and, not the least, protects you from the sun. Meanwhile, the coconut and almond moisturizes the skin and contain plenty of antioxidants that combat signs of aging.
- 250 g of shea butter;
- 125 ml of natural coconut oil;
- 60 ml of almond oil;
- 2 tablespoons of honey;
- half a teaspoon of vitamin E oil( or you can use 2-3 capsules, unwrap them carefully to remove oil);
- 20 drops of essential oil( choose the one you like best or try a combination of two oils, for example, patchouli – rosewood, ylang-ylang – sweet orange, lavender – cloves).
The method of preparation: melt shea butter and coconut oil in bain marie, with fire from medium to hard. With all, it will take around 10 minutes, because the shea butter has a higher melting temperature, so it will be ready after the coconut oil.
Leave the mixture to cool until it reaches the room temperature, then add the remaining ingredients: honey, almond oil, vitamin E oil and essential oils. Put the mixture in the refrigerator for 30-60 minutes, until butter becomes opaque. Transfer the butter to a bowl and beat it with the mixer on medium speed for about 5 minutes, to harden. Finally, put the body butter in a jar with a lid or in any closed container( do not forget to tag it). No need to refrigerate it.
– Body Butter with honey, cinnamon, and cocoa
You will want to taste it, but remember: the recipe is designed for skin care and not to put on bread! Use this body butter to hydrate yourself and feed your skin, but if you want to get a slight shimmer bronze( for a more intense bronzer effect, add more cocoa).
- 250 g of shea butter( you can replace the cocoa butter);
- 125 g of virgin coconut oil;
- 125 g of extra virgin olive oil( you can also use sweet almond or jojoba);
- 2 tablespoons of honey;
- 1-2 teaspoons of cocoa;
- 2 teaspoons of ground cinnamon;
- 1 teaspoon of ground nutmeg;
- 1 teaspoon of vitamin E oil;
- 10 drops of essential oil( try the sweet orange one or mint).
The method of preparation: melt shea butter and coconut oil in bain marie on medium heat. When the mixture liquefies completely, take the bowl from heat and let cool 30 minutes. Add the remaining ingredients and mix well the composition, then give it 10 minutes in a freezer to harden.
After the mixture has solidified partially, put it in the mixer a few minutes to get the consistency of butter. Put the butter body in a jar with lid. If it’s hot in the house, it’s good to keep it in the refrigerator; otherwise, you can leave it the closet or bathroom until you want to use it.
Remember, there are plenty of methods in which you can hydrate your skin and these are only a few. Nothing will stop you from trying everything that can be beneficial for your skin. But be careful, some products( especially the ones you find in the markets or beauty stores) contain plenty of chemicals that can damage your skin forever.
Some creams or face lotions will only give results as long as you use them. The moment when you stopped using them, will be the moment when your face has to suffer the consequences. This also applies to body lotions, not only face ones. Take care of your skin and choose only quality products if you don’t have the time to prepare them yourself. Make an allergy test before putting any kind of product on your skin. You may never know what can happen.
The post Natural remedies for a radiant skin appeared first on Diets USA Magazine.