- 1/2 Cup dried Chickpeas
- 1/2 Cup Lima or Butter Beans
- 3/4 Cup Onion minced
- 1 quart Chicken Stock, homemade
- 2 Tablespoons Olive oil
- 1/3 Cup Tomato paste
- 1/3 Cup Hair Pasta, broken into bite sized pieces
- 1 Teaspoon Garlic, minced
- 2 Tablespoon Harissa
- Ground Black Pepper to taste
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 Cup Parsley, chopped
- 1/2 cup Celery, diced
- 4 large Kale leaves (removed stems and cut into 1 inch pieces
- Soak lima beans and chickpeas separately for overnight.
- Drain and cook lima beans and chickpeas separately with two times their volume with water. Cook for 45 minutes or until they are tender.
- When cook drain and reserved the water of lima beans and chick beans and combine both waters.
- Combine lima and chickpeas and set aside.
- In a saucepan heat the olive oil over medium heat.
- Add onion, garlic and celery.
- Sauté the onion for 4 to 6 minutes or until onion turn into translucent.
- Add tomato paste, chicken stock and reserved beans cooking liquid.
- Mix together until well blended and bring to a simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add kale, pasta, lima and chickpeas.
- Simmer until pasta and kale are tender about 10 minutes.
- Add harissa and stir. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve soup in bowls and garnish with chopped parsley.
This post first appeared on Health And Beauty Tips, please read the originial post: here