Harissa Paste (Sauce)
- 9 dried Hot Mexican Red Chili or other hot Red Chili
- 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Garlic Clove, peeled
- 3/4 Teaspoon Caraway, grounded
- 1/4 Teaspoon Cumin, grounded
- 1/4 Teaspoon Coriander, grounded
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- Remove the stem and seed from red chili and soak them in cold water for 15 minutes.
- Drain water and place chili in a strainer and press any excess water.
- Chop the garlic, and toast the caraway, cumin and coriander in a dry skillet over a medium heat
- In a spice grinder add chili, garlic, caraway, cumin, salt and coriander. Grind all ingredients.
- When all ingredients grinded. Add olive oil in spices and process to form a smooth paste.
- If a thin paste desired, add chili soaking liquid in a blender until reached your desire texture
- Transfer harissa in spice jar and drizzle a thin layer of olive oil over the harissa.
- Cover tightly and place in a refrigerator.
- Hlelem- Tunisian Vegetable and Bean Soup
This post first appeared on Health And Beauty Tips, please read the originial post: here