You could call this baked Buffalo Cauliflower Recipe a magic act of sorts because here, two seemingly incompatible ingredients (bananas and cauliflower) come together to make a dish that very closely resembles Buffalo chicken wings. Sound confusing? In actuality this recipe could not be simpler to prepare – or more delicious to eat!
Baked Buffalo cauliflower recipe (serves 2-4)
The cauliflower is chopped into bite-size pieces and battered in a mixture of banana flour and water before it gets baked in the oven with a buttery hot sauce. Banana flour is a gluten-free alternative to wheat flour that is commonly used in Africa, but has recently been trending stateside. It has a mild fruit taste to it that dissipates once cooked. The flour has also been proven to be a good source of resistant starch, which eases the passage of food through the digestive system, and could help to prevent diabetes and certain forms of cancer.
- 1 medium cauliflower, cut into bite-size pieces (approximately 4 cups)
- ¼ cup banana flour
- ¼ cup water
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- ½ cup hot sauce
- For serving (optional): blue cheese or ranch dressing
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Whisk the flour, water, salt, and pepper together in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the cauliflower to the flour and water mixture and toss to coat. Place on a foil-lined baking sheet, and bake flipping once, for approximately 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix the butter and hot sauce together in a small bowl. Drizzle the sauce over the baked cauliflower. Return to the oven and bake for an additional 20 minutes. Serve warm with your favorite dressing on the side, if desired.
Would you try this baked Buffalo cauliflower recipe?
The post Baked Buffalo Cauliflower Recipe appeared first on Pain Doctor.