With the objective of creating world-class technology for all income groups and to improve the standard of care, Vatsalya- Centre for Oral Health has launched VELscope® Vx, an enhanced oral assessment device is a wireless, handheld scope that uses natural tissue fluorescence to enhance the way dentists visualize oral abnormalities that might not be apparent or even visible to the naked eye.
Key Advantages – VELscope® Vx
- Saves patients from going through a series of tests to identify oral cancer.
- Helps detect the abnormalities at the very early stage.
- Helps patients with timely and effective treatment.
- Recognized by the World Health Organization, the award-winning VELscope® Vx is the world’s most effective device for an enhanced visualization of oral mucosal abnormalities, such as oral cancer.
Special Features – VELscope® Vx
- Emits a harmless, bright blue light which is used to inspect the mouth and tongue.
- The distinctive blue-spectrum light causes the mouth to shine brightly due to the florescence.
Cancer has been a leading cause of concern for medical professionals across the world. Research indicates that 145,400 deaths occurred from oral cavity Cancer, with smoking being the primary cause. This number can without a doubt be reduced if the cancer is caught and treated at the initial stages.