Let’s face it. Many people dreaded the signs of Skin aging. It makes them feel anxious, gloomy and distraught at the same time. Anti-wrinkle creams bring hope and positivity – that it is possible to turn back the clock. However, the million dollar question is, do over-the-counter anti-wrinkle creams really work? If they do, how would you find one that can work wonders for you?
Knowing what the Real deal is
Is there really a face-lift-in-a-bottle being sold on the market today? Okay, here’s the thing. Many over-the-counter anti-wrinkle creams do work and you can truly see a difference after a few weeks of use. However, do not expect a dramatic change as the effects of these products are only modest at best. Unfortunately, the fountain of youth or elixir of life does not exist yet.
To give you easy to understand tips and tricks to finding the perfect anti-wrinkle cream, we’ve created a fool-proof anti-wrinkle cream guide for you.
What to Look for in the Ingredients?
The anti-wrinkle cream’s ingredients, especially its active ingredients play a big role in knowing how safe and effective the product is. Here are the common ingredients that your anti-wrinkle cream should have:
- Vitamin A compound known as Retinol – it is an antioxidant that has been widely used in non-prescription anti-wrinkle creams. Antioxidants fight free radicals (unstable oxygen molecules that collapses skin cells and cause wrinkles).
- Collagen – as a support structure of our skin that makes it firm and looks young, collagen sets the fine line between a firm, tight skin and a skin that’s dry and infested with wrinkles. Applying these peptides topically on skin may help in stimulating collagen production.
- Coenzyme Q10 – protects skin from sun’s damage and helps diminish fine wrinkles around the eyes.
- Hydroxy acids – exfoliants, such as alpha hydroxyl acids, beta hydroxyl acids and poly hydroxy acids get rid of outer skin layer composed of old, dead skin. Hydroxy acids also promote new skin development that is even-toned, soft and smooth.
- Vitamin C – a potent antioxidant that shields skin from the sun’s harmful rays.
- Niacinamide – also a potent antioxidant that helps improve the elasticity of the skin and helps minimize water loss.
- Tea extracts – the most common tea extract found in anti-wrinkle creams is green tea as it helps delay skin cell aging, firms skin, heals stressed skin and helps prevent and repair sun damage. Green tea also has anti-inflammatory properties.
How to Gauge the Credibility?
It’s best to look for a reputable manufacturer because they not only have an established brand, but a well-funded research team, certifications,laboratory and clinical trials. Favor anti-wrinkle creams that are designed or manufactured in FDA registered and manufactured in GMP compliant facility. Recognized brands usually have a dedicated customer service team that looks after enquiries and complaints. Also, look for a proven track record of satisfied customers.
You May Also Like: Top 3 Natural Ingredients that Reduce Wrinkles
What value Added service or offer to take Advantage of?
Value-added services or offers mayinclude free delivery, a money-back guarantee if you are unsatisfied with the product, freebie items that come with the anti-wrinkle cream. Try to get your money’s worth in every purchase.
Like this post? There’s more. Get tons of beauty tips, tutorials, and news on the thebeautyinsiders Facebook & Twitter page. Like us on Facebook – we’ll see you there
The post Anti-Wrinkle Cream – A Guide to its Pros & Cons appeared first on .