Some like it hot...
Some like it cold...
Many like the summer...
Summer is one of the most anticipated seasons of the year for many reasons: trips to the beach, vacation, time off from school, vacation, time to show off your fabulous summer wardrobe and body, bar-b-ques, family reunions, vacation (did I mention this already). You could probably tell I like to go on vacation.
It's just a 'feel good' time of year and what better way to feel wonderful about yourself, than to have fabulous hair through it all. So, simply prepare your hair to handle the summer weather, as your hair will be exposed to one or many of the following: the wind, the sun, salt water, chlorine, sand, dirt, smoke...
Here are some of my tips for surviving the summer:
- Give your hair a nice trim to get rid of any damaged, dry, over-processed split ends.
- Use a clarifying shampoo to remove any build up from exposure to salt or chlorinated water.
- Use a leave in condition prior to a trip to the beach or the pool.
- Moisture has to be your friend during these drier months, so, recognize when your hair needs moisture & apply.
- Use a moisture rich shampoo and conditioner.
- Deep condition at least once a week to replace essential moisture that is easily lost.
- Use a swim cap.
- Protect the ends of your hair by tucking them in as often as you could.
- Really, really try to stay away from blow dryers & hot curlers. I know it's almost cliche', but we all know it's important to avoid heat, much less during the hot season.
- Use low tension fasteners to hold your hair; if your hair is dry & your fastener is to tight, your hair will break & snap easily.
- Braid your own hair (avoid synthetic hair additions if you could). Braids & corn rows are still hot, not to mention, you won't have to worry about your hair everyday.
- If you're a hat person, wear one; they're always stylish.
- Try a new hair style. It's hair, it will grow back. New season, new you!
Now that you know what you should do to take care of your hair to look completely fabulous, now get your summer shopping & vacation planning moving and ENJOY every single day.Feel free to share your summer plans or hair regimen.