Take a look this delicious Gourmet Bow Tie Cakes Recipe, I made it speicailly for you people to get enjoy this delightful dessert on this christmas.It Shaped right for a festive shower (or any kind of fun affair), this delicious dessert is an eye-catcher.The moist cake is overflowing with luscious chocolate flavor.It's a lot of fun to cut, ice and arrange in bow tie form, as we have here. Or, if you like, serve it straight from the pan.
Prep: 20 min. Bake: 30 min. + cooling
2 cups sugar
1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup baking cocoa
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup warm coffee
1 cup buttermilk
1/2 cup canola oil
1 teaspoon Spice Island® Pure Vanilla Extract
8 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
6 tablespoons butter
3 cups confectioners' sugar
8 to 10 tablespoons hot water
White decorator's icing
Round and star pastry tips
Assorted fruit, optional
- In a large bowl, combine dry ingredients. Add eggs, coffee, buttermilk, oil and vanilla; beat on medium speed for 2 minutes (batter will be thin). Pour into a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 28-32 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack.
- Cut cake into six rows, with seven 3-1/4-in. x 1-3/4-in. diamonds in each row (two rows are shown in diagram below). Place diamonds on a rack with a piece of waxed paper beneath.
- For glaze, melt chocolate and butter in a saucepan or microwave. Remove from the heat; stir in sugar and water. Stir in additional water if needed to achieve a drizzling consistency. Spoon glaze evenly over top and sides of diamonds, letting excess drip off. Allow glaze to dry; repeat with a second coat. (Glaze may need to be warmed periodically to keep the proper consistency). When glaze is dry, place two diamonds tip to tip on dessert plates.
- Using decorator's tip, make the knot in the center of the bow tie. Garnish plates with fruit if desired. Yield: 21 servings.
- 1 serving (1 each) equals 281 calories, 10 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 29 mg cholesterol, 303 mg sodium, 47 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Keep Visiting Gourmet Recipes Love Blog for Family Loving Cakes Recipes as well as Gourmet Recipes.
This post first appeared on Gourmet Food Recipes,Easy Gourmet Recipes & Health, please read the originial post: here