Do you ever taste best of best Almond Lavender Cake recipe? The mixture of amazing slivered almonds with other ingredients is the secret to this Almond Lavender Cake.This eye-catching, moist cake has a terrific buttery texture and a lovely lavender flavor. It's a top-notch example of a great lavender recipe.The Italian Almond Lavender Cake is eaten as a Dessert. Please share this Almond Lavender Cake recipe with your friends and family and let me know what they have to say.
100% would make again
Prep: 20 min. Bake: 55 min. + cooling
2 cups sugar, divided
1/2 cup slivered almonds
1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon Dried Lavender Flowers, divided
1 cup butter, softened
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
1/4 cup half-and-half cream
2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
4 teaspoons boiling water
3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
Additional dried lavender flowers, optionalDirections
- Grease a 10-in. fluted tube pan and sprinkle with sugar; set aside. Place 1/2 cup sugar, the almonds and 1 tablespoon lavender in a food processor; cover and process until finely ground.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and remaining sugar until light and fluffy; beat in almond mixture until combined. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla.
- In a small bowl, combine sour cream and half-and-half. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; add to the creamed mixture alternately with sour cream mixture, beating well after each addition.
- Pour into prepared pan. Bake at 350° for 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- For drizzle, in a small bowl, combine water and remaining lavender. Cover and steep for 5 minutes. Strain, discarding lavender. In another small bowl, combine confectioners' sugar and enough infused water to achieve desired consistency; drizzle over cake. Garnish with additional lavender if desired. Yield: 12 servings.
- Look for dried lavender flowers in spice shops. If using lavender from the garden, make sure it hasn’t been treated with chemicals.
- 1 slice equals 493 calories, 23 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 126 mg cholesterol, 291 mg sodium, 65 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 7 g protein.
Keep Visiting Gourmet Recipes Love Blog for delicious Cakes Recipes and gourmet food Recipes.
This post first appeared on Gourmet Food Recipes,Easy Gourmet Recipes & Health, please read the originial post: here