So you are looking for how to lose weight at restaurants? You are probably bored with your home cooked meals, and would like to visit a Restaurant for a change. On the other hand, your doctor has advised you not to eat restaurant foods as it can result in gain.
You simply don’t know which way to go, right?
In this article I will tell you how to enjoy restaurant foods while at the same time making sure that you don’t get any fatter.
Here is a rule of thumb for you: if a certain food tastes too good, it means it has been richly fried, and as such, not good for your health. Surprisingly enough, the raw vegetables and fruits, which usually taste awful, are the best foods for quick loss.
How to Eat Better at Restaurants
1. Visit vegetarian restaurants: In order to be on the safe side, visit restaurants which offer only vegetarian meals. This is not to say that non-veg meals are bad.
With non-veg restaurants, you have to take extra care to make sure that you are not eating high-calorie or high-fat foods.
As an example, ordinary chicken meat which is served in most restaurants is usually laden with huge amounts of fat which is bad for you. Lean chicken meat, on the other hand, is good for you, but not all restaurants offer lean chicken meat as part of their menus. With vegetarian restaurants, you will be more often than not on the safe side.
How to eat better at Restaurants
2. Let the salad dressing go: You have heard it a zillion times that salads are good for quick loss. The reason behind this is that salads are nothing but raw vegetables in chopped form.
Raw vegetables, as you might be aware, help you burn fat by boosting your metabolic rate. However, the salad dressing that is provided in most restaurants is rich in calories.
So whenever you ask for salads, make sure to instruct them to remove the salad dressing from the top.
3. Stay away from buffets: A lot of the foods you see at buffets are rich in calorie content. These foods are cooked in bulk with a large amount of oil, thereby making them unsuitable for those of us trying to be careful with calories and eat healthier.
If you really want to eat from buffets, make sure you steer clear of these fatty foods and choose the salads and other healthier alternatives instead. That way, you won’t accumulate an excessive amount of fat in your body.
4. Control your portions: Check the amount of food you are going to eat before you take that bite. If you think that the food provided to you exceed the portion control limit you are allowed, eat according to your portion limit and then carry the leftovers back home to be eaten on the next day.
Ask for a box from the restaurant to help you carry the leftovers and don’t feel at all bad about not eating the whole meal. Most restaurant meals are way to big anyway
As long as you use your discretion, there is nothing wrong with eating at a restaurant once in while. So go ahead now that you know how to lose weight at restaurants and appease your tastebuds.
The post How to Eat Better at Restaurants – Don’t Make Mistakes appeared first on .
- The Perfect Raw Food Restaurant Experience If you are lucky enough to live in a city where there is a good raw food restaurant, or maybe...
- Trans Fats banned in New York City restaurants I wrote a bit a couple of weeks ago about Trans fats and the fact that New York city was...
- Make Better Eating Choices at Restaurants Many dieters avoid restaurants for fear of undermining their diet effort. However, savvy dieters realize that – if they are...