PEM Guides 2.0 by NYU Langone Medical Center
Website – iBooks
“PEM (Pediatric Emergency Medicine) Guides was developed as a point of care resource in our pediatric emergency departments at Bellevue Hospital Center and NYU Langone Medical Center. The PEM Guides focus on the essential diagnostic, treatment and disposition decisions. – Michael Mojica, MD”
This is one not to be missed. Pem Guides 2.0 is an online book, aimed to provide a point-of-care resource for doctors training in PEM. It is it edited and authored by the team at New York University School of Medicine.
- The book looks great. The design is clear and easy to follow, with some nice icons and images. iBooks allows you to browse around without any problems.
- The content covers everything you are ever likely to see in PEM. It ranges from removal of ear foreign bodies to managing the agitated adolescent to child protection. Each topic considers the presentation, assessment, diagnosis and management.
- And it’s all for FREE.
- The only disappointing thing is that at the moment it’s only available for iPhone or Mac users. So, if you’re an Android or PC person then you’ll be missing out.
+ Screenshots PEM Guide
EM Cases Vol 2: Paediatric Emergencies
“EM Cases Digest Volume 2 has officially been released and available for download exclusively here on the EM Cases website. This will be the second release of six Free Open Access Medical Education eBooks that will cover six pillars of Emergency Medicine. Each one is designed specifically to maximize your EM learning with interactive cases, Q&As, pearls & pitfalls, updates, images, videos, links to top-notch resources and references drawn from the library of more than 150 EM Cases podcasts to date. The EM Cases Team in collaboration with 9 authors has been working diligently over the past year to bring you this second eBook of the series – Anton Helman”
The fabulous EM Cases podcasters have adapted their PEM cases into a readable format. This can be downloaded as a pdf or in epub format which you can open on your tablet/computer regardless of whether or not you love Apple.
- It contains 17 cases (along with links to the original podcasts) covering topics such as fever without focus, orthopaedic injuries, and bronchiolitis. Each case is broken down into assessment and management and includes expert tips, clinical decisions rules, pitfalls and cautionary advice. The cases integrate images and videos flawlessly.
- It’s not quite as easy to navigate as PEM Guides 2.0, because it’s not been specifically designed for iBooks. However, once you get to the right case, the design is excellent. The cases are broken down into bite-size sections that make it very readable. EM Cases Vol 2 covers a narrower range than PEM Guides 2.0 but it’s not aiming to be a comprehensive guide – the book is full of practical advice that will help your management of kids in ED.
- And it’s also FREE.
The post Pem Guides Online appeared first on LITFL: Life in the Fast Lane Medical Blog.