You really can achieve all your goals with minimal training. Dumbbell Training is clearly the most versatile. You don’t need all those fancy equipments and gadgets you see in the gym.
Just to prove it to you, I’m going to take a typical training program and transform it into a dumbbell only workout…right before your eyes!
So here’s a typical upper body workout:
- Barbell Bench Press
- Bent Over Row
- Seated Military Press
- Close Grip Barbell Bench Press
- Barbell Curl
This is easy:
- Floor Chest Press (if you don’t have a bench)
- One-arm or Two-arm Bent Over Dumbbell Rows
- Seated or Standing Dumbbell Military Press
- Close-Grip Floor Chest Press (Hold the Dumbbells closer together), or Close-Grip Pushups
- Dumbbell Standing Curls, Concentration Curls, or Hammer Curls
Now what about lower body?
- Barbell Squat
- Stiff Legged Barbell Deadlift
- Leg Press
- Standing Calf Raise
- Seated Calf Raise
The issue with most lower body workouts is that there is no dumbbell movement to replace the machine work. Or…is there?
- Dumbbell Squat
- Stiff Legged Dumbbell Deadlift, or Single Leg Dumbbell Deadlift
- Dumbbell Front Squat
- Dumbbell Standing Calf Raise
- Dumbbell Seated Calf Raise
- Back Extensions on Floor
This is just scratching the surface. You can literally create an entire workout program using just a pair of dumbbells and some other basic equipment that you can grab at your local sporting goods store.
In fact, Jeff Cavaliere has created such a program, called Athlean-X. He’s got a basic version, then he has a home gym version which uses minimal equipment.
So if you are unable to perform a particular workout or movement due to lack of equipment, you can also perform the home gym version. I strongly urge you to check out Jeff’s incredible program.
Click here to learn more.
- Quick Barbell Superset for Fat Loss and Muscle Building
- Combine Kettlebells, Bodyweight, Barbells, and Dumbbells in this Turbulence Training Workout
- Best Superset Pairings for Individual Body Parts
- Strength Training – What Are The Common Exercises Used To Build Muscle?
- How to do a Deadlift with a Kettlebell
- 20 Minute Upper Body Workout in the Heat