One of the latest and greatest Natural Hair Care ingredients to gain popularity is Jamaican Black Castor Oil. Ours is made by roasting, grinding, and boiling all natural castor seeds to extract their pure, potent oil. The process yields a unique variation of castor oil - one with a higher ash content and a reputation for restoring moisture to dry, brittle tresses.
Black Castor Oil makes a perfect companion to Argan Oil, another powerhouse for natural hair care. Argan is well known for being packed with tocopherols, squalene, and fatty acids - and our Organic Virgin Argan Oil is a delightful specimin. We combined these two amazing specialty oils with Organic Coconut and Babassu to give this intensive scalp serum a deep conditioning base.
This formula is finished off with our pure Arnica Total CO2 Extract, and ingredient commonly used in formulations to help promote hair growth and reduce inflammation. This rich serum can be used to moisturize the scalp, condition hair's strands, or target brittle ends. Try using it as an overnight conditioner, a quick warm-oil treatment, or give your favorite shampoo or conditioner a boost by adding a few drops of serum.
Makes about 4.25 ounces (130 ml)
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) Organic Coconut Oil
- 3 tablespoons (45 ml) Organic Babassu Oil
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) Organic Virgin Argan Oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons (7.5 ml) Jamaican Black Castor Oil
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.50 ml) Arnica Total CO2 Extract
- Warm the Coconut and Babassu Oils gently using a double boiler or a hot water bath until the oils have completely melted.
- Combine the melted Coconut and Babassu Oils with the Argan Oil, Black Castor Oil, and CO2 Extract in a 4-oz. dropper bottle. Shake well.
Usage & Packaging
This serum looks wonderful packaged in our 4-oz. Amber Dropper Bottle. This rich serum may solidify in cold weather. To gently melt the oils, place the sealed bottle in a bowl of hot water for several minutes before use.
Apply liberally to freshly cleaned and towel-dried hair, starting at the scalp. Gently massage the oil into the scalp for several minutes. Cover hair with a shower cap and leave on for at least one hour or overnight for intensive conditioning. Rinse, then follow with shampoo once (or twice) if needed.