Moisturizing bath melts made with pure cocoa butter, oatmeal, honey, and milk powder.
This is the time of year when my mind turns toward the tub. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy a good soak any time of year, but the change of seasons always inspires me to indulge more often. During a recent brainstorm session, my fellow formulator, Kelly, was dreaming of a soothing bath treat to pamper and condition the skin. This brought to mind the classic combination of oatmeal, milk, and honey. Lucky for us, From Nature With Love carries a pre-mixed blend of these three ingredients in one easy to use powder.
For this recipe, I combined our Oatmeal Milk & Honey Powder Base with a blend of naturally fragrant Cocoa Butter and soothing Oat Oil. This mixture yields a semi-soft bath truffle that melts easily in warm water. I also dusted a little bit of Sea Salt in Gold Mica to give the melts some extra color and texture. I chose to scent my batch with one of our most popular Fragrance Oils, Oatmeal Milk & Honey. If you prefer, you can leave these melts unscented OR replace the Fragrance Oil with half as much Essential Oil. Roman Chamomile or Yarrow would be wonderful choices.
I hope you'll have fun making your own Oatmeal Honey Bath Melts. I've been using two or three in each bath lately and it has been heavenly. My son loves them too, but they smell almost too good for a three-year old to resist. We've had a lot of discussions over the difference between things that ARE food and things that just smell like it. So yes, be sure to label these beauties clearly!!
Speaking of labels, Oatmeal Honey Bath Melts would make wonderful gifts! Make up a nice big batch and share the bounty with friends and family. These can be packed up in Cello Bags or Glass Jars and adorned with ribbons, labels, and washi tape to make them extra shareable.
Oatmeal Honey Bath Melts
Makes about 48 melts
Makes about 48 melts
- 4 ounces Cocoa Butter
- 2 ounces Oat Oil
- 1/2 cup Oatmeal, Milk & Honey Powder Base
- 1/3 cup Medium Sea Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Gold Karat Sparkle Mica
- 1/2 teaspoon Oatmeal Milk & Honey Fragrance Oil
- (or 1/4 teaspoon Roman Chamomile Essential Oil)
- Line mini muffin tin with 48 gold foil cups.
- Melt cocoa butter gently in double boiler or using the microwave (in heat-safe container) using 30-second intervals.
- Remove from heat and add oat oil.
- Sift oatmeal milk and honey base, then whisk into melted cocoa butter mixture.
- Add fragrance or essential oil.
- In separate bowl, toss sea salt with gold mica.
- Distribute mica evenly into foil cups, then top with melted butter mixture.
- Chill in refrigerator for one hour, then use or package.
Usage & Packaging
- We used our Gold Foil Cups to make this recipe, but you can use any foil-lined mini muffin or small sized candy cup. Finished bath melts look wonderful packaged in paper candy boxes or large glass jars such as our Flint Jars or Bail Jars.
- To use, simply drop one or two melts into warm bath water. The bath melts will dissolve within minutes, infusing your bath with soothing oats, milk, and honey.