One of the most popular New Year’s resolutions is to get fit or lose weight. Both of these involve making a Healthy, dietary intervention to help you on your way. What most people don’t think about, however, are the little things you can do to have a positive, healthy impact on your life.
The best way you can tackle a healthy New Year’s resolution is to write out a list of things to adopt into your life. If you want to eat less meat, try devoting a day or two out of the week when you don’t eat meat. We’ve assembled a list of things you can do to really turn your life around. You don’t have to incorporate all of these into your life, but try following a few for a healthy start to the New Year.
- Leave the previous day behind and begin every day anew. Start it off with a fresh fruit smoothie for a healthy start.
- Adopt a “meatless Monday” mentality to focus on other ways to get protein from plant-based sources.
- Put away your phone when you’re out with friends. Engage with them face to face.
- The 2/30 rule is a great way to reach your fitness goals. For every 2 hours of television, Netflix, Hulu, HBO Go, or movies, you need 30 minutes of exercise.
- Cut back on sugars. This is a big one! It isn’t the easiest thing to do, but check out our article on the best ways to do so.
- Drink more water! You should drink half your body weight in ounces of water every day. If you weigh 150lbs and divide that by two to get 75, you should be drinking 75oz. of water.
- Don’t grocery shop on an empty stomach. This isn’t beneficial for your health or your wallet. You buy unhealthy items that you don’t need. Make a list and go after a meal.
- Eat whole foods as much as possible. Try to avoid processed foods and focus your attention on plant-based foods or healthy snacks like trail mix or cut up fruit.
- Don’t miss out on sleep. You should try to get at least 7-8 hours of sleep every night because sleep is the body’s natural way of regenerating.
- Get your stress under control. This is going to help keep you healthy by decreasing your cravings, relaxing your muscles, and contributing to better sleep.
This post first appeared on Dherbs - Herbal Supplements, Herbal Remedies, Natural Healing Remedies, Full Body Detox, please read the originial post: here