Qualified applicants are advised to report to Headquarters Coast Guard Medical Service, HPCG, 139 25th St., Port Area, Manila ASAP for initial screening.
Only applicants in qualified status shall be recommended for Officer or Commissionship:
Technical Officer: (Medical Doctor)
- A natural-born citizen of the Philippines;
- Of good moral character;
- Medical Doctors can be married;
- Minimum Entry height requirement of 5’0” for both male and female applicants, however, height waiver may also be allowed for the above Technical Officers;
- Physical and mentally qualified under the existing regulations for Coast Guard Service;
- Board or Bar passer in their respective field of profession;
- PCG Aptitude Battery Test rating of at least Average;
- At least twenty-six years (26) of age but not more than thirty-five (35) years old on thedate of appointment;
- An endorsement from the Commanding Officer of Technical Service he/she is applying for, before processing of his/her application;
- Exception to Age Requirement: (For Doctors only)
- If the applicant/s has previous government service and if tacked to the remaining years to be served in the PCG until reaching the compulsory age retirement of Fifty-six (56) years old, he/she can still accumulate at least 20 years in service to avail retirement benefits;
- If applicant/s has less than twenty (20) years in the service upon appointment, the applicant is still allowed to apply provided he/she is willing to sign an Affidavit of Undertaking that he/she is only entitled to separation benefits/pay instead of retirement benefits;
- If applicant/s for Medical Doctor agrees with the terms and conditions under the affidavit of undertaking, no age limitation will apply. CGOC training will be one of the primary consideration for the Commander of Technical Services in assessing and recommending the applicant.
- The policy for age requirement for Technical Officers shall be reviewed by the Commanding Officers of the Technical Service every five (5) years.
Contact Person: LTJG RAMUS A ALVAREZ PCG OIC CGMED 12
Contact No.: (CGMED Operation )
- CP No.: 09236417021
- Landline No.: 5278481 loc: 6341