Cheese Masala Pav is a delicious pav with a layer of bhaji on top, with melted Cheese for a sinful treat anytime. This is one of the popular street foods of Mumbai.
In the pursuit of more street foods from Mumbai, I landed in cookingshooking channel and was taken in by the quick recipe. Toast the Pav with butter, layer with bhaji, and finally with grated cheese and then baked. This surely makes a delightful dish for kids who love cheese.
The melted cheese makes it a sinful dish to enjoy anytime. Kids enjoyed this so much that they got upset that I made so many dishes at the same time.
The Bhaji used for this dish is very simple with boiled potatoes, peas, and carrot for colour. It also has roasted paneer along with cheese spread on the toasted pav. This was more like a pizza on pav bread.
This is the final dish for the Don’t Be Cheesy Theme for the BM#117, week 4. In this series of Don’t Be Cheesy, I have Cheese Burst Pizza, Mumbai Street food style Cheese Pav Bhaji.
PIN This for Later!
Step By Step Pictures for making Cheese Masala Pav
Cheese Masala Pav Recipe ~ Mumbai Street Style Food
For the Bhaji
- 1 cup Onion
- 1 cup Carrot Potatoes, Peas boiled and mashed.
- 2 to 3 nos Green Chili
- 4 to 5 Garlic
- 2 tbsp Butter
- Salt to Taste
- 1 cup Tomato Puree
- 2 tbsp Coriander Leaves finely chopped
- 1.5 tsp Pav Bhaji Masala
- 1 tsp Red Chili Powder
- 1/2 tsp Coriander Powder
For the Pav
- 1/4 cup Paneer roasted
- 2 tbsp Cheese Spread
- 8 nos Ladi Pav
- 4 tbsp Butter
- 1/2 cup Mozzarella Cheese grated
- Handful Coriander Leaves for garnish
- Chili Flakes to garnish
Making the Bhaji
- Prep the vegetables and boil it. Once it cools down, mash it well. In fact, you can make a puree of it or leave some chunks in it.
- Heat a nonstick pan with butter, saute the finely chopped onions along with green chilies, garlic, saute well till the onion is nicely done.
- Add the tomato puree, spice powders, and the mashed vegetables. Cook on high for the whole mixture gets cooked well.
- Remember we are going to spread this on the pav, so the mixture should be a thick and even sauce.
- Garnish with finely chopped coriander leaves.
Assembling the Pav
- Roast the paneer, keep it aside.
- Toast the pav in butter to get crisp buns.
- Spread the cheese sauce all over the pav.
- Now repeat with a layer of bhaji over the cheese sauce.
- Top it with roasted paneer pieces.
- Sprinkle the coriander leaves and chili flakes.
- Finally, top with grated cheese.
- Microwave the buns for 30 secs to a minute until the cheese melts.
- Serve hot.
Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing this BM#117
The post Cheese Masala Pav Recipe ~ Mumbai Street Style Food appeared first on Cooking 4 all Seasons.