Erectile dysfunction and Premature ejaculation are the main men health sexual condition is prevalent from ages. Lots of home remedies using kitchen ingredients are in use from ages . Here are 5 such homemade remedies which are widely used in India. Few of these are recommended in Indian ayurvedic texts.
- Dry Fruits with Ghee or Clarified Butter:
- Ghee is praised as vrishya or aphrodisiac by Ayurveda acharyas. Its use is widely recommended in Erectile Dysfunction and Premature Ejaculation (Read What are the Best ayurvedic medicines for ED and PE) . The best ayurvedic remedy for erectile dysfunction is with ghee and dry fruits. Dry fruits are very effective in increasing sperm count also. The home remedy goes as follows. Take raisins, walnuts (Read Walnuts for Erectile Dysfunction Sperm increase and pcos) , almonds and dates (Seeds removed) in equal proportions. Fry these individually with required amount of ghee (Read Ayurveda Health Benefits of ghee) and store in an airtight container. Boil a table spoon of this mixture with a glass of milk (Read Health Benefits of Drinking Turmeric Milk). Consume this milk twice daily after food. CAUTION: Men with high cholesterol have to use ghee cautiously. (Read Cholesterol and Erectile Dysfunction)
- Coconut Milk and Tender Coconut Water:
Fully ripe pulp of Coconut is eulogized as a very good aphrodisiac or Vajikara . It is known to increase quality and quantity of semen. Freshly squeezed coconut milk (Read Ayurvedic Coconut Health Benefits ) from coconut gratings is very helpful in soothing digestive system. It nourishes shukra dhatu and also helps to relieve constipation. (Read Can Constipation Cause Erectile Dysfunction). For this take a small cup of (1/4 of coconut) freshly grated coconut. Add little water and blend it in a mixer. Extract the coconut milk through sieving. Repeat the same process of adding little water, blending and sieving the same gratings till its milk is squeezed completely. Drink a glass of this coconut milk daily. Tender coconut acts as body coolant. Drinking tender coconut water daily helps to improve stamina and energy. Tender coconut water can be added to diet of men who are consuming vajikarana therapy.
Caution: Men with diabetes (Read Ayurvedic Remedies for Erectile Dysfunction in Diabetes) should not drink tender coconut water. Also if you have pitta dominant constitution do not drink coconut milk.
- Onions for ED and PE :
Onions are known as best Vajikara. Regular consumption of raw or cooked onion helps in conditions like erectile dysfunction, premature ejaculation and low libido. For this cut a medium sized onion into long thin slices and fry it in butter till it becomes tender and consume it in empty stomach. Eating raw onions with meals is also a very effective sexual dysfunction remedy. Raw onions can be added with fresh salads to enhance the nutritional value.
- Dates and Carrot salad –
This salad is kniwn as best Vajikarana Food. The carrot and dates salad supplies plenty of nutrients. It is very delicious to taste. The major ingredients of this salad are dates, carrot, almonds, garlic and mild spices. Dates are praised as Shukrala (foods which increase shukra dhatu or semen) in texts of ayurveda. They help to increase libido, sperm count and sperm motility. Carrots are known to be good veggies for men. The nutrients in carrot reduce incidences of erectile dysfunction in men.Almonds are used as dry fruits. These contain plenty of minerals and vitamins like zinc, selenium, vitamin E etc. These are very essential to boost sexual function. Almonds slow down ageing process. Garlic has cholesterol reducing properties. According texts of ayurveda, it increases sperm count, sperm motility and helps in erectile dysfunction. The spices in this salad increase metabolism, detoxify liver and eliminate sticky toxins.
Here is the recipe for carrots and dates salad.
• 1/2 cup soft dates, chopped
• 1 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
• 2 cups grated carrot
• ¼ cup roasted chopped almonds
• 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
• 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
• 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
• 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
• 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
• 1/2 teaspoon fine rock salt
• 1 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
• 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
• 1 tablespoon chopped coriander leaves
Prepare a salad dressing by mixing lemon juice, olive oil and ground spices. Put dates in a small bowl. Pour the salad dressing on dates and leave to soak for 15 minutes.Add carrots, almonds, garlic, mint, coriander in mixing bowl and mix them well. Add rock salt. Allow this salad to stand for 15 minutes before serving.
Note : diabetes patients can reduce quantity of dates (5-6 dates)
- Delicious Aphrodisiac Soup:
Soups are all time favorite recipes enjoyed by all age groups. Here is a recipe of soup made from aphrodisiac ingredients. These ingredients are delicately blended and mixed to dish out delicious soup.
Chief ingredients: (Serves 3)
- 2 large onions longitudinally slit or diced
- 2 medium sized carrot diced
- 4-5 large tomatoes diced
- Fresh green peas – ½ cup
- 3-4 cloves of garlic
- 1 inch grated ginger
- 2 cloves
- ½ inch cinnamon stick
- Black pepper – ½ tea spoon
- Long pepper – ½ tea spoon
- Cumin seeds – ½ spoon
- Butter for seasoning – 2 tea spoon
- Salt to taste.
- Cream – 1 small cup
Boil all ingredients with 2 cups of water till veggies soften, except salt, fresh peas, cumin seeds and cream. Allow the cooked ingredient mix to cool. Blend all cooked ingredients in a blender to make a smooth paste. Heat a wok or kadahi. Toss butter in it to melt. Add cumin seeds and roast it well. Add fresh peas and toss it till they are soft. Pour the blended mix to wok . Stir well. Add salt and bring it to boil. Add cream before serving. Savor it with roasted urad papads. (black gram papads)
Onions, garlic, butter, milk cream, carrots, long pepper, urad dal are all eulogized by ayurveda acharyas for their aphrodisiac properties.
Along with this maintain healthy lifestyle. Quit smoking and alcohol. Exercise regularly to maintain healthy weight. Keep stress at bay. Try to meditate regularly. Also herbs can be of great help. (Read 5 ayurvedic herbs for erectile dysfunction ). Texts of Ayurveda recommend Vajikarana Therapy to keep the sexual energy and stamina balanced.
This post first appeared on Ayurveda Help Through Ayurveda Consultations Ayurv, please read the originial post: here