A healthy Hair is always a girl’s desire. However, due to some external factors such as smokes, sunlight, chemicals, etc., your hair will become dull and damaged. Read this entire article and then apply the following tips to enjoy shiny, strong and healthy hair.
How To Have Healthy Hair – Top 16 Best Tips To Apply At Home
1. Change The Washing Routine
If you wash your hair every day, this can dry your hair out as you are washing away the natural oils that your hair scalp products to keep the hair healthy and shiny. In fact, washing every day can result in oily hair. To deal with this condition, try this washing routine instead:
- Wash the hair 3-4 times a week: Giving the hair a break between washings will help restore its balance.
- Wash the hair with cold water: Washing the hair with hot water can result in split ends and frizz while washing with cold water can give you a shiny and bouncy hair and this is also good for hair growth.
- Treat your hair gently: After washing your hair, you need to treat it with care in order to keep its shape and fibers. Gently pat it dry with the help of a towel and then let it air-dry.
2. Use Natural Haircare Products
Keep in mind that commercial hair care products promise good results, but they contain chemicals that can dry out the hair and leave it looking dull. You will notice a difference immediately if you change to natural products with oils, herbs, and creams that may nourish the hair.
Most of the shampoos are made with cleansers that remove the natural oils from the hair and cause frizzy and frayed hair. Instead, opt for a natural shampoo made with oils and herbs. Try using no shampoo for the least chemicals.
Some conditioners made with coconut oil, aloe vera, shea butter as well as other pure ingredients can add moisture to the hair and keep it healthy.
3. Choose Shampoo And Condition That Suit Your Hair Type
Determining your hair type is very important. This may depend on the chemical processes you have used, your scalp condition and your hair’s thickness. After determining your hair type, you need to choose shampoo and conditioner that suits your hair type perfectly.
- Fine and thin hair: Choose products that are labeled” volumizing”
- Thick and/or curly hair: Avoid products that contain sulfates, which can remove its moisture from the curly hair, leaving it frizzy.
- Dry hair: Choose products that have moisturizing ingredients, especially natural oils such as argan, coconut, jojoba, avocado, and grapeseed. Avoid products that have alcohol.
- Oily hair: Choose a mild and oil-free shampoo and a conditioner that is formulated for oily hair.
- Color-treated hair: Choose products that are formulated not to take out the color. Stay away from “clarifying” shampoos because they are too harsh for this type of hair.
- Hair with dandruff: As dandruff is a result of an oily scalp. Yeast survives in the oils and causes flaking in the scalp. So, choose a shampoo and conditioner that contains tea tree oil. It will work as a natural anti-fungal to help you treat dandruff naturally.
4. Eat Nutrients That Nourish The Hair
A healthy diet with plenty of nutrients such as vitamins B, protein, omega-3s and iron help the hair stay as healthy as possible.
- Vitamin B: It keeps the hair strong and thick. Some foods that contain vitamin B are fruits, vegetables, and nuts, etc.
- Omega-3s: It helps the hair stay healthy and shiny. Some good sources of omega-3s are salmon, avocados, and walnuts, etc.
- Protein and iron: It keeps the hair strong and healthy. Some foods that contain protein and iron include beef, chicken, fish, pork, spinach, and kale, etc.
Also, you can supplement your diet with multivitamins that are designed to make the hair healthier and stronger. Consider taking prenatal vitamins that have a mixture of ingredients that result in healthy hair, skin, and nails.
5. Trim Your Hair Often
As soon as the hair ends begin to split, you should go to the salon and get it trimmed often. This will ensure that your hair ends will not split up the shaft. The hair will not break and it will look strong and healthy.
6. Oil The Scalp Often
Oil the hair as often as you can and then use a mild shampoo to remove the oil from the hair. Oiling the scalp is great for the hair. However, never overdo it as dripping oil from the hair will only make you use more shampoo which removes out more of the natural oils.
You can either use coconut oil, olive oil or almond oil. Slightly warm the oil and then massage the scalp thoroughly. Allow it to sit on for one hour before washing it off. Massage olive oil on the scalp and leave it on overnight for the best results.
7. Protect The Hair From External Factors
You should protect the hair from the elements such as the wind, the sun, and cold temperature. If you do not, your hair will become dry and brittle over time.
- When you go out in the sun, wear a scarf or hat over the hair to protect it from becoming too fried
- Do not go out during winter days with damp hair. When the hair freezes, it will become brittle and frayed.
- Do not expose the hair to chemicals too often. When going swimming, remember to wear a swim cap.
- Try to keep your hair away from dyes as well as other permanent treatments. The chemicals in dye can do many damages if you use them often.
8. Use Suitable Hair Masks
Use hair masks that suit your hair. Hair’s needs vary according to the hair type and troubles. It is important that you use the proper hair masks or it can worsen your hair problems.
Method 1: Aloe Hair Mask
This home remedy can help the hair look shiny and it will also help improve hair health.
- Take the gel from an aloe leaf
- Apply the aloe gel over the hair
- Allow it to sit on for 10-15 minutes
- Rinse it off with normal water
- Repeat it twice a week for the best results.
Method 2: Banana Hair Mask
This is a simple home mask for healthy hair. Being rich in potassium, they help improve the elasticity and natural hair health.
- Mash a banana and apply it on your hair, from the root to the tip.
- Allow it to sit on for about 15 minutes
- Rinse it off with a mild shampoo.
Method 3: Egg Hair Mask
Eggs are one of the best ingredients to give you soft and silky hair.
- Massage the head with an egg’s yellow part directly
- Alternatively, make a mixture of 1 tbsp. of olive oil, 2-3 drops of vitamin E oil and 3 egg yolks.
- Allow it to sit on for 10-12 minutes and then wash it off with shampoo as usual.
- Repeat this hair mask weekly to condition the hair naturally.
9. Apply Hair Oil Treatments
To restore the softness and shine of your hair, apply oil to the shaft, roots, and tips several times a week. You can use oil instead of using conditioner or use it after the hair is completely dry. About once every few weeks, you should give your hair a deep conditioning treatment:
- Massage almond oil or olive oil into the hair
- Cover the hair with a plastic wrap or shower cap
- Allow the oil to sit on the hair for about 2 hours or leave it on overnight
- Wash it off with cool water, and then shampoo and condition as usual.
10. Avoid Tight Hair Ties
Avoid tight hair ties; instead, just choose scrunchies with cloth around them. This is because tight hair ties are more likely to pull the hair back which increases friction. This may cause hair breakage. When you go to sleep at night, loosely tie the hair in order to avoid a frizzy mess; instead, a side braid is a good choice.
11. Condition The Right Way
You should use a moisturizing conditioner after shampooing the hair. Never get out of a shower without using conditioner. If you skip out this step, this could be a reason why the hair is frizzy. Besides, conditioning also needs to be performed in the right way. Conditioners are formulated to lock in the moisture in the hair shaft, not for the hair scalp. So, start conditioning the hair about 2 inches away from the hair scalp. Using too much conditioner on the hair scalp will only make the scalp oily.
12. Brush The Hair Twice A Day
Keep in mind that healthy hair requires regular brushing. If you want to have shiny, healthy and untangled hair, brush your hair twice a day, once in the morning and once right before going to sleep and each time about a minute. However, do not be rough with the hair. Treat it nicely and it will give you back a healthy and shiny hair.
Addition to this, when your hair is wet, it is fragile, weak and more susceptible to fall, Therefore, try not to pat it dry with a towel. Instead, gently press to take the excess water out. Also, remember not to brush the hair while it is still wet. Instead, use a wide-toothed comb and work from the hair ends on up. If you brush it from the roots, it can cause damage.
13. Massage The Scalp
Giving your head a massage when you shampoo is a great way to stimulate blood circulation and aids to detoxify the scalp. In fact, more blood to the hair follicles means that your hair can reach nutrients more quickly. After applying your shampoo, use your fingertips to gently work into your scalp, from the back of your neck to the end at your hairline.
14. Use Heat Styling Devices Wisely
Do not use your hair dryer, curling iron, straightener and hot rollers unless it is a must. Applying heat to the hair can harm it, so it is advised to allow the hair to air-dry. Sometimes, if you want to use a blow-dryer, use it just on a cool setting. When you use heat-styling devices, remember to apply a protective serum in the hair before use heat. Also, avoid using styling products that have many chemicals. You can make your own hairspray and hair gel instead of using the commercial products.
15. Keep The Brushes Clean
Hair brushes that are covered in hair, product buildup, and oil are ideal grounds for bacteria. So, clean these brushes at least once a month using a mixture of baking soda and warm water. Also, regularly remove all of the hair stuck in the brush.
16. Have A Healthy Lifestyle
To get a healthy hair, you need to stop your bad habits and try to follow a healthy lifestyle.
- Stop smoking: Smoking can limit the delivery of nutrients to the hair by hampering blood vessels. And the result is that your hair becomes dull and brittle.
- Reduce stress: When you are stressed, the body can produce more cortisol that leads to an increase in hair shedding. Therefore, learn how to minimize stress, including regular exercise, meditation, and adequate sleep.
It may take at least 3 months to see the improvements of changes you make on your hair. Just know that you are making the good choices for your hair and that you will reap the benefits soon.
After reading this article about 16 best tips on how to have healthy hair, I hope that you will follow one or more of these tips to enjoy a healthy hair soon. If you know other tips on how to have healthy hair, leave your comments in the comment box below.
The post 16 Amazing Beauty Tips for Healthy & Gorgeous Hair! appeared first on Remain Healthy.