Having healthy locks on scalp is a dream but having unsightly body Hair is quite the nightmare. Many of us have hair in the most embarrassing places like on neck, shoulder or even back. If you are suffering from hairy back, neck and shoulders, then learn about various cosmetic treatments you can opt for, to remove body hair forever.
What Causes Unwanted Hair Growth On Back, Neck & Shoulders?
Walking around with a hairy back, furry shoulder and bearded neck can have a devastating effect on both men and women. But why are some of us blessed with hairless bodies while some of us look unevolved apes?
- Androgen – Excessive body hair can be caused due to a male hormone called androgen. These “androgens” cause the development of masculine features such as thick body and facial hair, deep voice etc. When the body starts to produce androgens in large quantity, it leads to hormonal imbalance and excessive body hair
- Hirsutism – An escalated level of androgen in females is called Hirsutism. A severe health condition that can also cause weight gain and disrupt menstrual cycle, hirsutism must be treated immediately
- Hypertrichosis – Unlike hirsutism, hypertrichosis is a condition that only affects men. Hypertrichosis causes abnormal hair density, length and thickness to hair follicles that are present on shoulder and back. It is a genetic abnormality and definitely not a dangerous medical condition, but more of a cosmetic concern.
Also Read: Hypertrichosis – Causes, Symptoms And Treatments
Why Is It Important To Remove Hair from Back, Neck And Shoulder?
It may seem like men have it easier when it comes to grooming, but that is not always the case. There are many reasons why you can opt to remove this beauty hindrance forever irrespective of whether you are a man or women suffering from thick hair growth in unwanted places –
- To enhance your appearance
- To keep up with hygiene and cleanliness
- To make your significant others happy
- To improve your physical performance
- To reduce sweat production and feel cooler
How to Remove Unwanted Hair Permanently From Back, Neck And Shoulders?
Permanent solution is often sought after for unwanted Hair Removal, as it offers so many benefits. Nobody wants to spend their precious time and money repeatedly over something that can be banished for good. There are some long lasting solutions to remove back, neck and shoulder hair –
- Laser Hair Removal – A highly successful and popular method to remove body hair permanently, Laser is considered one the most effective cosmetic treatment. Laser hair removal can be used on any part of the body and can cover large body parts (ideal for back and shoulder). The procedure may cause few side-effects (such as swelling, redness and irritation).
Laser hair removal works on the principal of selective photothermolysis that means controlled beams of laser (with varying fluence based on your skin type) are targeted to the unwanted hair on skin. The USFDA approved laser penetrates deeper under the skin and reaches the hair follicles (melanin pigment there) thus converting light energy to heat and destroying the mother cells from where hair growth erupts. They target only the hair in its anagen phase or growth phase, so a few sessions are required for reaching desired efficacy.
- Electrolysis Hair Removal – A cosmetic treatment that destroys hair follicles by passing an electrical current through a needle directly to the hair follicle. The electrical current damages the hair follicle completely which is then removed with a tweezer. It is mainly used in smaller areas. And it can be painful and time consuming. There are certain side effects of electrolysis which are prominent. It is also costlier as compared to laser hair removal. As compared to Electrolysis hair removal, Laser is safer and more permanent.
Also Read: How To Remove Body Hair Permanently?
Laser Hair Removal for Back, Neck And Shoulders
Laser Hair removal is fast, effective and a long lasting cosmetic treatment that can help you remove hair from unsightly places such as the back, neck and shoulders.
How Does Laser Work For Back, Neck And Shoulder Hair Removal?
Laser uses a concentrated ray/beam of light aimed directly at the hair follicle. The light is absorbed by the dark pigment (melanin) present inside the hair follicle. This process damages the follicle enough to prevent it from growing again. Laser works differently on different people depending on thickness, growth rate and density.
How Much Does Laser Hair Removal Cost For Back, Neck And Shoulder?
The cost for Laser Hair removal depends on the clinic and the dermatologist. The price for each session varies between Rs.1000- Rs.4000. Also the price will vary depending on the area of skin that needs to be treated.
Before And After Results
Laser hair removal performed on patients with back, neck and shoulder hair. Here are some before and after pictures for better understanding.
Also Read: How Much Does Laser Hair Removal Cost In India?
Other Hair Removal Methods For Back, Neck And Shoulder?
There are more options to remove hair from neck, shoulders and back on temporary basis. Hair removal is a constant maintenance if you want to have smooth hair free skin on a daily basis. Here are some popular options –
- Shaving – There are many shavers that are especially designed with longer and more flexible handles to shave hard to reach places. You may have to shave on a regular basis (every week) to maintain hair free skin. Also side effects like razor burns, ingrown hair, burning and rashes are common
- Waxing – A painful method to remove body hair, waxing will provide smoother skin for a few weeks and will gradually decrease the growth rate and thickness of body hair. However, waxing is time consuming and excruciatin.
- Sugaring – Similar to waxing, sugaring does not involve hot wax or strips. A blob of sugar paste is spread on your skin and then gently rolled in the same direction of hair growth. Sugaring requires professional help and can be very expensive also very painful.
- Depilatory creams – A pain free method, depilatory creams or lotions are spread onto the skin, left for 5 minutes and then wiped away leaving your skin hair less and gorgeous. Depilatory creams have known to cause itchiness and skin discoloration as they contain harsh chemicals.
- Epilator –Epilators work on the same strategy as waxing/sugaring where the hair is pulled out from its roots instead of being shaved at the skin’s surface. But, this handy tool can be very painful and dangerous if not used correctly.
- Threading – Threading is simpler as compared to other methods but it can time consuming. You will also require some assistance if you want to remove back and chest hair. Threading may cut your skin and cause it to bleed and this is very painful.
Also Read: Laser Hair Removal Vs. Hair Removal Creams – Which Is Better?
Which Is Better – Permanent Hair Removal Vs. Temporary Hair Removal Methods?
The debate between permanent vs. temporary hair removals is old and will probably last till the end of time. But in all honestly, which is better?
When weighing the two methods, each has its own merits and demerits. However, Permanent hair removal especially Laser hair removal provides more benefits than other hair removal methods. Laser hair removal provides smooth, hair free skin forever without the constant hassle of maintenance. You don’t have to plan any event, trip or function based on your hair growth cycle. It is also cost effective in the long run, and it is the only treatment that targets ingrown hair too.
Having body hair is not life threatening but it can lower your self-esteem. Don’t let body hair be the reason to stop you from flaunting your impeccable body. Find out what you can do to achieve flawless, hairless and smooth skin and reach out to an expert dermatologist for a permanent fix.
The post How to Remove Hair from Neck, Back & Shoulders? appeared first on Oliva Clinic.
This post first appeared on Best Source For Tips On Skin Care, Acne, Hair Loss, please read the originial post: here