Oily Skin can be a major issue as it can lead to clogged pores, pimples, and other skin problems. It can be tough to learn how to get rid of oily skin but by following the right kind of treatment and skin care, one can easily attain a smooth and healthy skin texture.
What Is Oily skin?
When there is an excess amount of sebum (a natural oil produced by our skin) produced, it enlarges the pores and accumulates on the surface, making the skin feel greasy. If left untreated, this clogs our skin pores and can lead to acne, blackheads and other skin issues.
What Causes Oily Skin?
- The overuse of harsh skin care products can enlarge the skin pores and increase the production of sebum.
- Genetics and family history.
- Seasonal weather and medication changes can also make our skin oily.
- Excessive sun exposure, stress, and biotin deficiency can further trigger the production of oil in our skin.
- Hormonal changes during adolescence, pregnancy, etc. are considered as the major cause of oily skin.
Also Read: What Causes Dry Skin & How To Get Rid Of It?
How To Recognize Oily Skin?
Human skin is designed to produce oil to keep its surface pliable and healthy. To test whether your skin is oily, take a paper napkin and gently press it on your face. Try to focus on the T-area (forehead, nose, and chin). Remove the paper after 5-10 seconds. If it turns translucent with oil, then it implies your skin is oily and should be treated. Visit a dermatologist to narrow down the possible causes and pick the ideal kind of treatment.
How To Manage Oily Skin?
Follow these suggestions to manage your oily skin.
1. Exfoliating & Peels
You can get an exfoliation kit (with a metal brush or wire) that helps you get rid of dry skin cells, dirt, and unwanted oil from the surface of your skin.
Dermatologists can provide a more effective and longer lasting treatment with chemical peels. A non-toxic acid solution is applied to the affected areas which helps remove the damaged upper layers of skin. The light peeling can make your skin fair and provide a long-term solution for oily skin.
Also Read: How To Remove Pimples From Oily Skin?
2. OTC and Topical treatments
Most topical medicines contain substances like adapalene, tazarotene, etc. which can shrink the pores on your skin and inhibit the excess production of oil.
3. Oral medication
Another way to get rid of oily skin is by consuming the oral medication. Consult a dermatologist to get a prescription for suitable antibiotics or other targeted clinic grade medicines for your specific condition.
Skin Care Tips For Oily Skin
Oily skin needs more attention when compared to normal skin. Follow these tips to help handle the excess oil.
- Clean and wash your face at least 2-3 times a day with non-abrasive products for your skin type. Try cleansing agents like salicylic acid, benzoyl peroxide, or glycolic acid to deep clean your skin pores. You should remove your makeup gently with lukewarm water and cotton. There are also different kinds of wipes and cleaning agents that you can use to remove makeup.
- Avoid using heavy makeup. Try to opt for natural or organic products. Ingredients like sodium or aluminium in cosmetic products can enlarge our skin pores and trigger the sebaceous glands to produce more oil. Our forehead, nose, and chin areas form a T-zone and have a higher concentration of oil glands. Try avoiding these areas when applying makeup.
Also Read: What Is The Best Skin Care Routine For Acne Prone Skin?
How To Prevent Oily Skin?
- Vitamin E capsules for oily skin are extremely helpful. Mix Vitamin E with a face cream, apply and leave it overnight. You can also apply Vitamin E directly on your skin and wash it off later.
- Try to follow a regular skin care routine for oily skin. This includes timely cleansing, exfoliation, scrubbing, and so on. Make sure to disinfect your skin at the end to prevent the occurrence of acne.
- While scrubbing is good for oily skin, you should not overdo it. Excessive scrubbing can enlarge the pores on our skin and increase the production of oil.
- Always keep your body hydrated. Dehydration is one of the major causes of oily skin, which can easily be prevented.
- Excessive sun exposure can also be a reason for oily skin. Wear high SPF sunscreens to help control your skin from drying out.
- Keep blotting papers handy and use them to clean your skin from oil and sweat whenever you can.
- Using deep cleaning face masks as directed will help control oily skin,
- There is no substitute for a healthy lifestyle. Exercise regularly and avoid oily food to have a healthy body and mind.
Also Read: What Causes Excessive Sweating & How To Get Rid Of It?
The suggestions above will help you control your issues with oily skin. If you wish to get dedicated assistance, then get in touch with your nearest Oliva Skin and Hair Clinic. With branches in major cities like Chennai, Bangalore, and Hyderabad, we will make sure you get the best treatment for oily skin.
The post How To Get Rid Of Oily Skin? appeared first on Oliva Clinic.
This post first appeared on Best Source For Tips On Skin Care, Acne, Hair Loss, please read the originial post: here