When people discuss Acne, they usually are of the opinion that acne develops only for those who have oily Skin. But you would be surprised to know that even people with dry skin can get affected by acne. You will observe dry skin acne generally in adults, though even teenagers can face this problem. In this post, we would be discussing how to treat dry skin with acne, best acne treatment for dry skin, how to remove acne from dry skin, etc.
Dry Skin – The Basics
Before we answer all the above questions, let’s get down to the basics of what does a dry skin means. The outer layer of our skin is responsible for ensuring that all the dirt, dust, harsh chemicals, etc., don’t penetrate our skin. The outer layer acts as a barrier against all these elements. Now, this layer of the skin contains cells and natural oils; both of which together perform the role of the barrier.
Without the protection of this skin barrier, our internal organs are at a risk of drying out which would eventually lead to death. Hence, it is very important to ensure that the outer layer has the adequate amount of natural oils and fats. The problem of dry skin occurs when we use soaps or other cleansing products which contain harsh chemicals. These chemicals cause an adverse effect on our skin by stripping off the naturals oils. The continuous loss of natural oils and cells over a period of time results in dry and flaky skin.
Can Dry Skin Cause Acne?
Yes, dry skin can be one of the reasons for your breakouts. People with dry skin usually tend to have problems like itchiness and redness of the skin. But what they don’t realize is that it makes your skin acne prone too! So, if you are one of those who is dealing with dry and acne-prone skin, then do not fret as there are quite a few acne treatments for dry skin which can come in handy for you.
Also Read: Common Causes Of Pimples
How To Treat Dry Skin With Acne?
Your dry, acne-prone skin can be easily treated with the help of simple lifestyle changes.
- Your dry skin acne treatment should start by ensuring that you are using a specialized product which aims at specifically removing acne from dry skin. When using such products, you need to remember that the changes will not happen overnight. Give ample time to the product so that it can bring successful results.
- The key to getting rid of your dry skin is always to keep it moist and hydrated. When you apply moisturizers on a regular basis, it ensures that your skin does not become dry and peel off. The right amount of moisture will lessen the chances of a breakout too.
- Have a good cleanser in your beauty bag. But before you randomly pick up one, pay attention to its ingredients and make sure that it is specifically designed for people with dry skin. You could also pick up a non-medicated cleanser.
Apart from these, you can also opt professional treatments such as Chemical Peels that can help you to get rid of the dry skin easily and also improve your skin texture and acne. This treatment gives best results when you follow a strict skin care regime along with it to deal with your acne-prone skin.
Also Read: Best Daily Skin Care Routine For Acne Prone Skin
Skin Care For Dry Acne-Prone Skin
The skin care tips detailed below can not only help you in treating your dry and acne-prone skin, but it can also help you in protecting your skin from the re-occurrence of acne breakouts.
- Keep Your Skin Moist And Healthy – It goes without saying that the first and foremost step in treating dry skin is to keep it hydrated and healthy. Regular application of moisturizers will help you in keeping your skin moist.
- Use Cleansers Specific For Dry Skin (Use Cream Or Lotion Cleansers) – Choose a cream or lotion cleanser which is less drying in nature. To gain the desired results, make sure that you follow the instructions provided on the package or consult your dermatologist. Dry and itchy skin after using the cleanser is an indication that it is not the right product for you.
- Protect Your Skin From The Sun, Cold, And Wind – Be it winter or summer, we cannot afford to stay indoors all the time. So, the best way to keep your skin from drying out is to protect it from all the various elements of the weather such as the sun, wind, cold, rain, etc. Make sunscreen, hats, and scarves your best friends as you step out of the house.
- Use A Good Moisturizer – As mentioned multiple times above, using a good moisturizer is the key to avoiding dry skin. Your skin care regime should include the use of a moisturizer at least twice in a day. According to some dermatologists, applying a layer of moisturizer, and then a layer of your acne medication over it works well.
Also Read: Best Treatments & Tips To Cure Acne
- Exfoliate With Caution – A skin care regime typically consists of exfoliation. Since exfoliation involves scrubbing the skin, it can harm your dry skin. However, an alternative is to use exfoliators which are fruit-based. These ensure that there is minimal stripping of the skin as well as no unnecessary dryness.
- Choose The Right Products – The importance of choosing the right products to deal with your dry and acne-prone skin cannot be emphasized enough. Using a wrong product can further aggravate your condition. Hence, it is better to avoid products such as toner solutions, alcohol-based gels, medications that are in the form of pledgets or pads, etc., as they will make your skin even drier.
- Give Your Skin Time To Adjust – During the course of your acne treatment, especially at the beginning of the treatment, you might notice that your skin has become drier and is peeling off. You can avoid this by giving your skin some time to adjust to the products that are being used in the treatment. Once your skin gets used to it, you will notice the difference.
Also Read: How To Get A Clear Face Without Pimples
- Wash Your Face No More Than Twice A Day – In the quest to look fresh at all times, people often end up washing their faces three to four times in a day. This is not a good practice for those who have dry skin as you are continuously stripping away all the natural oils from the skin. Ideally, you should wash your face just twice in a day. Also, try to keep the use of facial soaps and cleansers to a minimal. Instead of chemicals, use natural products such as coconut oil to remove your makeup.
Putting in a little extra effort in your daily skin care regime can do wonders for your dry acne skin. Diligently following the above-mentioned acne treatments and skin care tips will prove to be a boon for those who are looking at getting rid of their dry skin acne problems!
The post How To Remove Acne From Dry Skin – Treatments & Tips appeared first on Oliva Clinic.
This post first appeared on Best Source For Tips On Skin Care, Acne, Hair Loss, please read the originial post: here